Low quality video on YouTube

Reaction score
Hello guys, i took a bunch of videos in the last few days, and of course I upload the videos to YouTube from the YouTube android app, but for some reason the video is just 360p in YouTube, the original video was 2.7k 30fps

Any ideas?
I want to use my phone to upload the videos to YouTube

[11/30, 14:44] Barreiro:
[11/30, 16:25] Barreiro:

The video stored on your device is from the video stream provided by the P3's wifi. It is fairly low res. The high resolution video is stored on the P3 itself, on the sd card in the camera gimbal. If you want to post hi res photo or video, you must transfer the stuff from the sd card in the cameras gimbal.

The video stored on your device is from the video stream provided by the P3's wifi. It is fairly low res. The high resolution video is stored on the P3 itself, on the sd card in the camera gimbal. If you want to post hi res photo or video, you must transfer the stuff from the sd card in the cameras gimbal.[/QUOTEQUOTE
Hello, actually was the sd card video, after transfer from my pc..

Ah. Then I have no clue. Perhaps it is some Youtube setting that can be modified. Sorry.

I had no problem watching the videos at 1440. YouTube video resolution depends on your internet connection. If your connection doesn't have the speed to view HD, you won't get the option. I am on a FIOS connection and have no problem (most of the time) with HD video on YouTube.

I am currently uploading a Gb of files to my web hosting account and SpeedTest still shows me with a 84 Mbps download and 90 Mbps upload speed. I love FIOS and competition. (I can choose between Verizon and Comcast).

Reactions: Seachief
It takes time for YouTube to process newly uploaded video, so initially you will only see low-res modes available but if you are patient and wait for a while (can be a few minutes to an hour) eventually all the higher-res modes should appear.

Reactions: 480sparky
Hello guys, i took a bunch of videos in the last few days, and of course I upload the videos to YouTube from the YouTube android app, but for some reason the video is just 360p in YouTube, the original video was 2.7k 30fps

Any ideas?
I want to use my phone to upload the videos to YouTube

Your videos all loaded in HD, you just have your personal viewing set for 360p. Go to the settings icon on the bottom of the video, (it looks like a gear) click it, then click where you see the 360 and it will open all of the options.
On another note, what format did you use to post them in HD? I used to use .wmv before they changed the settings, now I use 720p mpeg² for upload and it maxes at 480p on their side.

Not wanting to cause any problems here so take it with a grain of salt, but a few of the above posts are totally wrong. What I am telling you here is spot on.

Last edited:
I had no problem watching the videos at 1440. YouTube video resolution depends on your internet connection. If your connection doesn't have the speed to view HD, you won't get the option. I am on a FIOS connection and have no problem (most of the time) with HD video on YouTube.

I am currently uploading a Gb of files to my web hosting account and SpeedTest still shows me with a 84 Mbps download and 90 Mbps upload speed. I love FIOS and competition. (I can choose between Verizon and Comcast).
You really know how to make a guy feel inadequate. In the mountains where I live the best speed you can get, no matter what you are willing to pay, is 3.5mbps on old copper phone line. For 20 bucks a month, so not all bad. Maybe one day fios will be an option. If more than about 100 people ever live up here.The crazy part is, I have Verizon wanting to put a cell tower on my property. Maybe when they do, I will get 4 g and its high speed internet.

Yea I know, but this is not the case, I can choose hd in other videos but in my videos can't, just 360p, check the links that's I post and let me know if the videos are in HD, thanks

Yes, I see both of them at 1440 HD.

Speed of the internet has nothing to do with the resolution. Speed is exactly that. How fast data can be transferred. The same data.
3.5 Mbps is transferring the same HD file at three and one half million bits per second where as a 10 Mbps is approx three times faster. Same file just a different speed. I can transfer the same file over an old 96 baud modem but would take me ages at 9,600 bits per second rather than 3.5 million bits per second. Like a speed of a car 25 miles per hour vs 50 mph, same car just takes twice the time. Same file different speeds.

It happens to everyone. When you first upload the video, the HD modes are not available. However, you do not have to make any changes, youtube will process them in HD over time (Takes mine about 30m - 1hr)

Reactions: AL T
You really know how to make a guy feel inadequate. In the mountains where I live the best speed you can get, no matter what you are willing to pay, is 3.5mbps on old copper phone line. For 20 bucks a month, so not all bad. Maybe one day fios will be an option. If more than about 100 people ever live up here.The crazy part is, I have Verizon wanting to put a cell tower on my property. Maybe when they do, I will get 4 g and its high speed internet.
I live in the mountains also but I pay $135 a year, so check around. AT&T said that I was too far away to ever get service and still says that today even though my provider uses the AT&T hub because it's the only one available. I'm on the old line and it's only rated at 1.5mbps and I pull 1.3 usually :) I've been At&T's farthest away customer for years and well beyond the distance limit that they offer. lol

I live in the mountains also but I pay $135 a year, so check around. AT&T said that I was too far away to ever get service and still says that today even though my provider uses the AT&T hub because it's the only one available. I'm on the old line and it's only rated at 1.5mbps and I pull 1.3 usually :) I've been At&T's farthest away customer for years and well beyond the distance limit that they offer. lol
You should check satellite internet.. Its available most anywhere.. you're going to pay for it but its substantially faster than that

Example
HughesNet Plans and Pricing, High Speed Rural Satellite Internet | HughesNet Gen4

You should check satellite internet.. Its available most anywhere.. you're going to pay for it but its substantially faster than that

Example
HughesNet Plans and Pricing, High Speed Rural Satellite Internet | HughesNet Gen4
I did have Hughes net years ago before I could get DSL but they kept shutting me down because I had a souped up gaming pc back then that I modified the speed settings on. They guaranteed me as much speed as I could take but that was a lie... lol. Their main computer kept shutting me down for going to fast, when in actuality, I was able to receive a lot faster then they will willing to transmit it to me for the high price I was paying back when Napster was the rage... There main pc would flag my system and lock it down to about 20kpbs when I could get 70+ on single line dial up. I actually had shotgun modems for years with dual phone lines that gave me 150k because my provider didn't charge me for needing any service help. So I called Hughes up when their tech's couldn't get their pc to release the flag on my system and had them come take their dishes, tv satellite system and everything back. If you are into gaming, there's too much lag to even start playing games with a satellite system. DSL even though slow for my family needs beats satellite out the door.

I did have Hughes net years ago before I could get DSL but they kept shutting me down because I had a souped up gaming pc back then that I modified the speed settings on. They guaranteed me as much speed as I could take but that was a lie... lol. Their main computer kept shutting me down for going to fast, when in actuality, I was able to receive a lot faster then they will willing to transmit it to me for the high price I was paying back when Napster was the rage... There main pc would flag my system and lock it down to about 20kpbs when I could get 70+ on single line dial up. I actually had shotgun modems for years with dual phone lines that gave me 150k because my provider didn't charge me for needing any service help. So I called Hughes up when their tech's couldn't get their pc to release the flag on my system and had them come take their dishes, tv satellite system and everything back. If you are into gaming, there's too much lag to even start playing games with a satellite system. DSL even though slow for my family needs beats satellite out the door.
I had trouble with AT&T's latency at 12Mbps, bandwidth and latency don't directly correlate. Satelite is not a perfect choice, I just wanted to make sure you know its an option. I'm fortunate in I live in a metro area. We have 100Mb down and 15 up, sadly, the 1Gbps has launched but my house isn't in the right spot =(

Reactions: Reed L
I am the last house on the line also. Sometimes it seems like my old 56k modem was faster. The only other option I have is satellite internet, but it has too much latency, a 5 gig cap, and is way to expensive. Also, it is not substantially faster than the Verizon. Sigh. One of the penalties of living remote, I guess.

Reactions: Reed L

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20