Low Level Flight of the Driveway

Reaction score
It took me awhile to get the courage to fly the driveway, All I had to navigate was the camera. couldn't see the drone for about 95% of the trip. Add the fact that there is a 60 ft rise and I was trying to hug the ground made it pretty challenging to say the least. I shot this in 4k with a frame rate of 30fps and a shutter speed of 60. The quality of the file is very good but I can seem to get the same quality on YouTube (looks chunky and noisy). Any ideas?

Really gutsy flying. I did some similar flights and wound up in a tree on the side of the canal I was filming. YouTube does compress the videos, and that may be the problem. On other comment I would make is that in conditions like you were flying, I might change the lost connection conditions. If you lost signal under those trees, the standard RTH would have it climbing into the branches! This would be a situation where you might consider 'hover' or 'land'.

That was awesome to see. I just got my P3 and still trying to get the hang of which way it is going. Maybe a little more looking at the video and not the P3 in flight might help me.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: dougsteph
Smart! Got o honk of everything! Those phantom eating trees are out there just waiting for a change to attack!:oops:

Very brave and very cool. I started to try that once, then realized it was safer to put my video camera on a sandbag on top of my truck. ;)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik