Low level crash.... No problem flying, camera still turns on but is sideways

Reaction score
Had a low level crash today. Bent a leg a little but other than that it still goes fine. I am able to turn on the drone and can still view with the camera; however, the camera wont turn and just hangs free. Any ideas as to a fix?

Attachments

• image2.JPG
    image2.JPG
    356.5 KB · Views: 322
Is the black ribbon cable damaged?

Is the black ribbon cable damaged?

Not that I can see but it looks like near the actual camera it has peeled off where it was originally and is rubbing a little. If I rotate the camera by hand now it feels tighter than normal.

If I rotate the camera by hand now it feels tighter than normal.
It sounds like something might be rubbing inside of the gimbal. Perhaps that cable? Disassemble it and see what's going on inside or send it into a repair shop if you're not comfortable taking it apart.

Sorry to hear your mishap.
Im still learning and have had 2 low-level crashes. Breezes and branches don't mix when I'm flying the P3P backwards to land.
I have 2 gimbal protectors
One across the bottom under the camera.
Another is a plastic "C" that locks the camera and gimbal securely together.
They saved my camera.
Sounds like you should contact DJI support
Especially if it's limp.

It sounds like something might be rubbing inside of the gimbal. Perhaps that cable? Disassemble it and see what's going on inside or send it into a repair shop if you're not comfortable taking it apart.

I took it apart and it looks like the ribbon cable is split like this near the camera. Is this how it should be. Would this cause me to have video but no movement from the gimbal?

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 254

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj