Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Low level crash . . . Camera still works however gimbal wont move at all and camera hangs limp

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by Charestpr, May 28, 2016.

1. Charestpr

Had a low level crash today. Camera still streams video and takes video. The problem is the gimbal hangs limp and it will not move. I took it apart and see that the ribbon looks split as shown below in the pictures. Is this the problem or is that how it normally is?

Attached Files:

2. William Sokolowsky

Charestpr,
    The "quality" ribbon cables are dual layer cables. This alone is not any reason for your gimbal issue. Beyond that one would need a bit more diagnostic information to assess the issue. I unfortunately am not that person as I too am struggling with somewhat the same issue. I noticed that my pitch motor was getting hot....very hot and I could not adjust the camera tilt without help from a gentle nudge. I reset my ribbon cable as it was rubbing on the gimbal arms. I now get zero gimbal movement upon start-up and after start up but I still get video. I also now have a gimbal hardware failure error which I did not have before. I ordered a new pitch motor and ribbon cable in the hopes this will solve the problem. Next step....send for repair. Sorry to not have been of more assistance.

3. William Sokolowsky

OH...I should have mentioned that when resetting my cable, I went a little animal on it making sure that corner bends were tight. I did this using a "not blunt" screwdriver. I fear I may have either shorted or broke a wire.