Low cost light weight headlight! Buy locally!

I have been loving my P34K lately especially since adding the lights I am no longer limited to daylight flying and flying at night I feel safer and better about it. If for some reason a full sized aircraft is flying lower then they should I am certain they will be able to see me. Hey they released the Phantom 4 today but I am releasing the phantom 3 UFO edition! ha ha

20160301_185335.mp4

Last edited:
Does the lights interfere with pictures and video? I would think it would unless you are just flying around at night for fun. I like taking night pics and video. Is there a way to remotely turn off the lights?

If you are flying at say 200ft plus and you are filming at a downward angle you will not have any light interference. But when you fly and have the camera straight forward yes you can see the lights flashing. To remotely turn off the lights you need to return home and hover within 10 ft and your remote control will make changes to your lights or you can turn them off. The lights are for night flight safety and fun. You can easily see your aircraft from far away in turn other aircraft can also see you.
I suppose flashing lights on and flying backwards you probably wont see them but it is not yet tested.

got mine put on but screwed up got waterproof set seems heavy and don't stick that good went back on amazon and ordered new set non waterproof wow flying last night was a hoot all these lights going off crazy well back to taking them off so can put on other set thanks again Rambo loving the night flights even more

Reactions: Rambo1
off amazon

Rambo1, I just got my carbon fibers today. Any suggestions on how to balance them? Never tried that.

Rambo1, I just got my carbon fibers today. Any suggestions on how to balance them? Never tried that.
You have to buy a 6mm balancing rod so you can balance them. Get it on Ebay so you dont have to wait forever from one of those chinese web sites like banggood.com and gearbest.com. I just ordered my props on ebay along with the balancing rod and a GPS tracker I need to get a sim card for.
Well I screw the prop onto one end of the rod and lay it across a level glass. Set the prop in the horizontal position and the heavier side will drop. Just add some tape to the opposite side. I use that aluminum peel and stick aluminum duct tape as you wont need much as it is heavier than electrical tape etc. But you can use electrical tape if you like. I suggest just watching several YouTube videos on the subject and see how other people are doing it. You can even balance your motors too but watch the videos!

Rambo get your new lights on yet

found it don't you think its a lot better to fly at night easy to spot

So the phantom has got a mini USB port on its front below it's name plaque. Seems like a simple way to power and mount a headlight; has anyone such an accessory?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Ive bought 2 round 25 Led lights of Ebay and the other from Amazon but neither worked. Been looking for a light to mount on my phantom 2V+ but didnt want to use those Led lights that come on a roll. Might go check out the light from walmart but you got any other ideas for a headlight?

I purchased the lume cubes with the phantom 3 mounts. A little expensive but you can't beat 1500 lumens a piece.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ive bought 2 round 25 Led lights of Ebay and the other from Amazon but neither worked. Been looking for a light to mount on my phantom 2V+ but didnt want to use those Led lights that come on a roll. Might go check out the light from walmart but you got any other ideas for a headlight?
Im about a year late but didnt you see the light I posted in the very first post of this thread.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers