Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Low cost gimbal

Discussion in 'Photos and Video' started by simonlee11, Apr 26, 2014.

1. simonlee11

Hi all,
    I am a new phantom flier but my funds are running low (phantom,camera and spare batteries cost plenty!) I am looking for the
    best lower end gimbal. I may get something more expensive later but I just want a cheaper one that will get me going for now. Can anyone point me to one that is not so expensive but will give reasonable results.

Thanks

2. UrAwFuL

I had the Tarot T-2D, it's really cheap ($150) but the downside is that it was a pain to install.

I'm actually just gonna save up for a more expensive 3-axis gimbal.

3. robteed

Did you install this Tarot gimbal on a Phantom 2? I purchased a really cheap gimbal off Ebay and it works great but I want to
    use the Tilt function ( Pitch) and I cant get it to work, The Phantom 2 has a Grey wire with 8 or 9 leads for Zenmuse. Can I use that wire for the Tilt signal?

4. UrAwFuL

The Tarot was installed on a Phantom 1. I don't have an answer for installing the tilt function because I never got that far.. sorries.

5. Gizmo3000

If you get anything other than a Zenmuse gimbal, if you want to set up tilt, you're going to need to run a servo wire from the NAZA F2 to the tilt-signal pin to whatever gimbal you get.

I highly recommend he Tarot 2d s well, it's a wee bit more than the cheap Ebay/Goodluckbuy gimbals, but most would agree it's worth it to avoid the hassles and nuances of setting up those lower end gimbals.