Low cost gimbal

Reaction score
Hi all,
I am a new phantom flier but my funds are running low (phantom,camera and spare batteries cost plenty!) I am looking for the
best lower end gimbal. I may get something more expensive later but I just want a cheaper one that will get me going for now. Can anyone point me to one that is not so expensive but will give reasonable results.

Thanks

I had the Tarot T-2D, it's really cheap ($150) but the downside is that it was a pain to install.

I'm actually just gonna save up for a more expensive 3-axis gimbal.

UrAwFuL said:
I had the Tarot T-2D, it's really cheap ($150) but the downside is that it was a pain to install.

Did you install this Tarot gimbal on a Phantom 2? I purchased a really cheap gimbal off Ebay and it works great but I want to
use the Tilt function ( Pitch) and I cant get it to work, The Phantom 2 has a Grey wire with 8 or 9 leads for Zenmuse. Can I use that wire for the Tilt signal?

robteed said:
UrAwFuL said:

Did you install this Tarot gimbal on a Phantom 2? I purchased a really cheap gimbal off Ebay and it works great but I want to
use the Tilt function ( Pitch) and I cant get it to work, The Phantom 2 has a Grey wire with 8 or 9 leads for Zenmuse. Can I use that wire for the Tilt signal?

The Tarot was installed on a Phantom 1. I don't have an answer for installing the tilt function because I never got that far.. sorries.

If you get anything other than a Zenmuse gimbal, if you want to set up tilt, you're going to need to run a servo wire from the NAZA F2 to the tilt-signal pin to whatever gimbal you get.

I highly recommend he Tarot 2d s well, it's a wee bit more than the cheap Ebay/Goodluckbuy gimbals, but most would agree it's worth it to avoid the hassles and nuances of setting up those lower end gimbals.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj