Low Battery Warning

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I have a V2+ purchased last May. Each of my batteries have about 14 or 15 cycles. One of them, when fully charged, will fly for about 1 minute and then begin giving me a low battery warning. It will try to autoland at this point. I can keep it up in a low hover for another minute or so.

If i turn it off and hook it up to the Assistant, it will show a 50% charge still left. But when I take it back into the air, I immediately get the low battery warning again.

Any suggestions?

Do a full discharge where the battery will no longer start. Then do a full recharge. If you have trouble after that you might look into getting the batteries replaced.

Thanks, flyNfrank, I'm doing that just now, but it will be tomorrow before I'm able to get back outside and test.

Check if you have a gas leak. The battery usually swells up. If so, send back ASAP and don't fly.

I just had a situation happened to me 20min ago. Pretty upset about it. I also have about 6 cycles on 2 batteries on mine. When I did all the software and firmware upgrades. There was one upgrade from DJI site about the battery discharging if not in use to protect it. Really cant remember which upgrade. But anyway, was flying and after about 8 min had the warning battery come up on my screen. Then the Phantom was flashing all red. I had no control over the quad. I panicked and went and stood under it case it decided to just stop flying so I could catch it. Cuz we all know how expensive this can get in a crash. Now the battery is a little puffy and know its time for a new one. These batteries should last longer especially because of the cost. I'm very disappointed. I have never crashed my quad and have taken excellent care of my batteries. Anyone else experience this?

Not yet myself, but I've had lots of experience with lithium camera batteries, some work like a charm, some brand new work one time then barely hold a charge. It seems from the forums these batteries are under a large amount of stress...I feel like a test dummy for DJI.

I have 4 batteries, I cycle between them, when I'm done I let them discharge in the bird, (I have two), then recharge. I must about 60 flights now between all 4 batteries.

Just remember that the batteries have 3 mth warranty.
Send back ASAP.
Make sure you keep them out of the heat.

I have 5 batts all 2.6 firmware to prevent storage issues.
I had 1 bat with 27 charges puff up and another with temperature issues. I have another starting to show signs of puffing up and because I cycle through 5 batts, by the time a fault shows, the warranty is over.
It's ridiculous considering they are $150-199 a pop.

I honestly don't know what to when you take all the care in the world and the problem still arises.

dalebb said:
when I'm done I let them discharge in the bird, (I have two), then recharge
Per the DJI manual, you should only fully discharge the batteries every 20 cycles. I suppose discharging them every time might wear them out quicker.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub