Low battery klaxon alert - now it's ruined for me!

Reaction score
I'm sitting here whilst my 7 year old son watches Netflix on the TV and I'm reading the forums and checking the weather forecast for flying tomorrow (might actually get some air time! Woohoo!). All of a sudden the Vision "low battery" klaxon goes off in surround sound in the room. I mean exactly the same sound.

After recovering my composure I discover that my son is watching "Power Rangers: RPM". The klaxon sound is used by them as an alert sound when their computer sees the bad guys are coming. On further questioning he tells me they use it on other P-R spin-off series as well. Well that's torn it, because now every time my battery alarm goes off I'm going to have kung-fu, lycra suits and really bad monster costumes in my head. Maybe someone at DJI was a fan?!

Pull_Up said:
I'm sitting here whilst my 7 year old son watches Netflix on the TV and I'm reading the forums and checking the weather forecast for flying tomorrow (might actually get some air time! Woohoo!). All of a sudden the Vision "low battery" klaxon goes off in surround sound in the room. I mean exactly the same sound.

After recovering my composure I discover that my son is watching "Power Rangers: RPM". The klaxon sound is used by them as an alert sound when their computer sees the bad guys are coming. On further questioning he tells me they use it on other P-R spin-off series as well. Well that's torn it, because now every time my battery alarm goes off I'm going to have kung-fu, lycra suits and really bad monster costumes in my head. Maybe someone at DJI was a fan?!

Funny as hell to hear this Pull_up .... bizarrly yesterday was walking through town and heard same thing ..... turned around and was someone answering a phone, they had alert sound as their ringtone !!??? .... was half expecting to turn and see some P2V forced landing :shock:

Yup. It's an included ringtone in iOS. I use it for when my property perimeter alarm notifies me via voice call that it has been tripped. The sound is an attention grabber. The only issue now that I own a PV2 is that I'm never sure if my flight battery is getting low or if there is a bad guy in my house while I'm in the field. I guess I could fly over and take a look, but... low battery. Wheee!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl