Low Battery Bad Video?

Reaction score
Here is something that happened to me flying this morning. Got up early so I could shoot video with the sun behind me. Had a great flight until I landed and found I had forgotten to turn the video camera on. Drats.

So, I flew again just to get at least something that early. After a few minutes I started getting verbal "low battery" warnings, so I did a sort of emergency landing in the grass.

This is the first .mov file that wouldn't open for me after I transferred it to my computer. Won't even open out of the drone directly. The size if 681,000 KB and change so there is something on there.

Could the low battery have caused this?

If you powered off before stopping the video, this will happen. Solution is to power the AC back up with SD card still in the gimbal and it will close the file. Manual says to do this within 24 hours. Not sure why if the video isn't cached in RAM.

Reactions: Oso
Thanks Dan, that is interesting. I think I must have accidentally done that when I first shot video, with out knowing it. Another thing I have found is that all my videos are also backed up on my Samsung cell phone. Horrible quality though for some reason.

b.

I wouldn't call what's on the phone a backup. It is 720p and highly compressed so it can easily come across in real time over the radio signal between the AC and RC.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1