Low baterry alarm at 60% and descend

Reaction score
Did anyone has problem like mine : Before start I had calibrate compass which was already weird as I never did it before, but ok. App. on my phone informed about that. After few minutes of flying when baterry reached 60% alarm started and at about 55% start quad to descending. I've been scared because flying was above water. Luckily it all finished well but question remains. Anyone experienced such abnormal alarm ? From the very beginning I had set 30% and alarm goes on.

Mark.

Happened to me a couple of weeks ago...look for the topic "Phantom Down!"

Mine was at 58% when the alarm went off and the bird began descending. Landed in the treetops and I recovered her the next day (thank you Flytrex Live!). She was wet from rain, but otherwise undamaged and fine after drying. The battery had 28 cycles if I recall correctly.

Since then, I have used the same battery several times. It is now performing normally with no further issues, though I remain on high-alert when flying with it and don't sent it out over water or extended distances.

Thanks Dirty Bird,

As I understand it is abnormal but no actually reason. I was taking off from cargo ship like 1,5 hr ago. Maybe because is wet today, or too much metal around that is why compass decalibrated. But luckily you was able to recover your quad. If mine would descend more I wish to work on salvage ship then :) Especially when quad was fare away from home point.

I will be more careful next time.

Yep. Happened to me with one battery. I got weird alarms at 55% then at 48% and it started to land. I boosted up power and brought it back. Fortunately I wasn't over water and no big trees in the area!

I cleaned the contacts on the battery and drone. I ran the battery right to zero then charged it back up and ran it back down. After that I charged and took it out and let it hover at about 3' for 18 min. Zero further problems.

I'm not exactly sure what to make of it.

rbhamilton said:
Yep. Happened to me with one battery. I got weird alarms at 55% then at 48% and it started to land. I boosted up power and brought it back. Fortunately I wasn't over water and no big trees in the area!

I cleaned the contacts on the battery and drone. I ran the battery right to zero then charged it back up and ran it back down. After that I charged and took it out and let it hover at about 3' for 18 min. Zero further problems.

The one I had to get replaced under warranty would only alarm under load. In other words when I hovered it worked fine, but under 45% and under load it would low battery warn. So you might want to try it again this time flying it around close to you.

My dealer All e RC in Arizona replaced it for free after testing it and verifying it was indeed bad.

BlackTracer said:
rbhamilton said:

The one I had to get replaced under warranty would only alarm under load. In other words when I hovered it worked fine, but under 45% and under load it would low battery warn. So you might want to try it again this time flying it around close to you.

My dealer All e RC in Arizona replaced it for free after testing it and verifying it was indeed bad.

Same experience here.
Hovering fine but applying a minimum of extra power gave the alarm.
Was replaced under guarantee.

I recently sent #1 battery in for warranty. At around 50% with no warning it went into auto-land. Now Battery #2 is acting a bit funky too. At 25% I got the alarm (although I have it set at 20%) and it would intermittently go on and off. That in itself is not as funky as what happened next. The battery dropped from 20% to 6% in about 15 seconds.
I ran the battery down to 5% and recharged although I haven't had a chance to fly it again.
On a side note, I bought the Limefuel battery and it works perfect!

Mine happened at 57% on one of the 3 batteries I have. I verified via OSD display, which said 57%, and so did the Phantom Assistant.

The first flight was complete unexpected BS. I was flying FPV, and all the sudden I see myself on the ground. I had no idea what happened. I recreated the problem 2 more times by hovering and watch the Phantom give me 1 quick red blink and a few seconds it went into repeated red blinks and immediate descent.

That was 2 months ago. DJI told me to send it the battery. A few weeks ago they send an automated email that they got it. I heard nothing from them since. 2 months. :x

Had it happen once with one of my batteries. Crazy alarms at 60% then again at about 50%. I got it back fast, drained and charged and drained the battery and it's been working great ever since. Sadly I managed to mix up the batteries and now I have no idea which one it was but I guess it was a "one off". It does make me nervous sending my little guy off over the forest or over water!

Does any of you that have mentioned getting a battery alarm use a flight logger in your flights? This is one of the better reasons to log your flights so that you can see more detail should any issue come up.

I have a theory on the battery alarm which is, the smart battery feature collects the data it does and send a alarm based on what it reads at that time. Example, if you are flying away from home point at X throttle speed, at say X altitude, in say X amount of collected time,.......it then takes all it's collected data and determines if at that time you will be able to safely making back. If you are outside of the window, it sends you the alarm to let you know now so you can adjust your flight plans.
I don't know if this is how it works. But I sure like to think this is how it works. Either, or, and regardless, when I do hear the alarm I fly to home point, or at least closer to home point.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.