Low altitude Fly Away

Reaction score
Okay so I'm a little reluctant to turn my P4 on again after what had just happened. I was flying over the water on other side of a lake and I decided to turn on sports mode to get it over the cross of the lake quickly which it did successfully. I stopped it before the shore, switched modes and then guided it in a short distance and once I got over the land it refused to stop it just kept going. I was able to control the altitude and give it a semi hard landing in a bunch of tall grass and that was the last time I turned it on I'm not exactly sure what to do at this point. My first steps I think would be to recalibrate everything so after that I don't know. What do you guys think is going on here? There was wind at one point but not at the point where it stopped responding to the controls. Also, I was moving sideways not forward.

Sent from my XT1585 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
Anything blocking your sensors? Do you have one of those gimbal protectors? When I'm landing near objects I find that the left/right/forward/back controls are VERY VERY slow - barely effective.

Anything blocking your sensors? Do you have one of those gimbal protectors? When I'm landing near objects I find that the left/right/forward/back controls are VERY VERY slow - barely effective.
No it was flying naked. The thing flew about 50 feet before crashing softly. No apparent damage thankfully, including the gimble. Compass recalibrated successfully too. The landing zone was very congested with vegetation.

Sent from my XT1585 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Are you sure you flipped the switch back to gps mode and not atti mode. Atti mode will continue going forward due to momentum. Just a thought . Can you post a screen recording of the flight log from the go app with the stick inputs . That will give us a lot of information .

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Dragonfly2016
It's not hard to click right over p mode into atti mode when coming out of sport, gotta b careful I've done it

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31