Low airplanes

Reaction score
I really wanna fly today , I really wanna fly today ,

but the weather is c**p its windy its cold and im sat in my pajamas dreaming about flying :(

Anyway ive lived in my house around 5 years and ive always noticed airplanes fly directly over my house, but never paid too much attention to them until recently, after getting my pahntom of course,

So ive seen 2 maybe 3 fly directly over my house today and every time i hear them i look out the window and im actually amazed how low they are flying :eek:????

I reckon if i had my phantom up at 400feet in my own back yard then it would be dangerous :eek:

WTF??

Now i could be wrong i mean an airplane is big, and you cant really judge meterage / fottage from being on the ground looking up but wow really pretty scary

Not sure how close you are to Southhampton Airport but I think that at 400 feet you should be OK. But beware light aircraft may be lower..... :)

Not sure how close you are to Southhampton Airport but I think that at 400 feet you should be OK. But beware light aircraft may be lower..... :)

As the crow flys I'm 7 miles so fairly close.

Should be nothing 'big' at that distance but light stuff may well be down there. :)

You may well be down here?

Sorry didn't read your post properly.

Light stuff may well be down there. Lol

I really wanna fly today , I really wanna fly today ,

but the weather is c**p its windy its cold and im sat in my pajamas dreaming about flying :(

Anyway ive lived in my house around 5 years and ive always noticed airplanes fly directly over my house, but never paid too much attention to them until recently, after getting my pahntom of course,

So ive seen 2 maybe 3 fly directly over my house today and every time i hear them i look out the window and im actually amazed how low they are flying :eek:????

I reckon if i had my phantom up at 400feet in my own back yard then it would be dangerous :eek:

WTF??

Now i could be wrong i mean an airplane is big, and you cant really judge meterage / fottage from being on the ground looking up but wow really pretty scary

You can use this website to check the altitude of planes that fly over your house:

Flightradar24.com - Live flight tracker!

FYI: There's a minimum of 5 minute latency and some flights are not displayed for security or similar.

Use ALL tools available but don't RELY on apps for safety

Two points:
  • SOME flights have latency, and SOME flights do not show on the app, but ~75% of flights show up in real time, at least here in my neck of the woods
  • The idea is not to use the app while you're flying your drone; use it to understand the pattern of flights over your house (or wherever you plan to fly)

Not according to them.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4