Loving the waypoints! Just went out 3 3/4 miles then back.

@prostreetcamaro, when did Ken release this? I must have missed it. Any issues with the development SDK? I have flown at least 75 miles with the ultimate flight app on the V+ when I had it. But did not realize he had P3 support.

Im not sure to be honest. I just got it a few days ago. The SDK so far has been flawless for me. He is updating the app almost daily to fix bugs and add features etc etc.

Lets put this into perspective folks. The risk from a quad actually seriously hurting or killing somebody is EXTREMELY small. You have a MUCH higher risk of getting killed the next time you are driving your car. That is the reality here. This is all falling in line with the liberal NON logic. Ban it because it might upset somebody. Ban it because there is an extremely small chance it might hurt somebody.

Im not sure to be honest. I just got it a few days ago. The SDK so far has been flawless for me. He is updating the app almost daily to fix bugs and add features etc etc.

I know SDK for P3A came out 6 days ago. I believe P3P was out before that. It's working better than 1.2.8 for me.

Reactions: rrmccabe
We're you able to update controller? Mine acted like it was up to date. Bird updated fine.

And are you flipping to F to run mission?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

This is all falling in line with the liberal NON logic. Ban it because it might upset somebody. Ban it because there is an extremely small chance it might hurt somebody.

LOL, we would get along well :)

I fly the same type of flights as you do and try to do so responsibly. I am sure there is less risk in this type of flying than John Doe flying 100' around the neighborhood.

Last edited:
Reactions: desertcat
We're you able to update controller? Mine acted like it was up to date. Bird updated fine.

And are you flipping to F to run mission?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

Mine acted like it was up to date as well but the log file said it updated.

Yes you flip to F to run the mission.

OK just ran first mission. Worked fine. Got an error on first start. Something about light-bridge. Hit it again and it took off.

I'm tired of reading about way points with UF app! When will an iOS app be available for my P3P?

I'm tired of reading about way points with UF app! When will an iOS app be available for my P3P?
Yea me too--- I would say by mid September-- some of the SDK apps will start appearing on the Apple store-- even if they are perfect-- the bottlenecks are Apple approvals and Firmware updates by DJI-- caught in the bureaucracy. :(:(

Title says it all. Landed with 26% battery left. Ignore the time thats not correct. Rendering the video now and will upload it shortly and post the link.

Screenshot_20150719-121034_zpsbvd1e6hi.png

EDIT: Here is the long range video from this flight. Youtube is still processing it so give it a little time.

AWESOME FLIGHT DUDE, Thanks for the post.
I haven't checked the DJI UF yet but might do soon. I just bought a Samsung S 8.4 but find
visual lag with DJI app. This is the stuff that the forum should cover and your replies have been insightful.
As for the "LAW KEEPERS" on this forum comment once abt a "LAW" then STFU! if you made your point it should all you need to say, idiots need to justify.
prostreetcamaro a great post man.

Title says it all. Landed with 26% battery left. Ignore the time thats not correct. Rendering the video now and will upload it shortly and post the link.

EDIT: Here is the long range video from this flight. Youtube is still processing it so give it a little time.

Awesome!!! wouldnt have the guts to try that:D:D:D

Greetings from Thailand! Canuck living abroad. Got my P3P yesterday and the weather is not cooperating at all. I had it on my desk looking at the lights flashing and doing simulator all evening last night and it looks like it might be more of the same today. Can't wait to see the paddies, they are very green right now. I really liked your flight. Can't wait to have WP available for iOS. Which river is this? I saw an oil well pad? Can everybody get one? lol. Sure seems like the folks living within the farmland boundaries love to mow their lawn. These properties should aggregate and turn their land into a posh gulf course. lol. Thank you for the vid, I really enjoyed it and hopefully will reciprocate soon. I have tons of questions but I often find answers to them just by reading on without having to post them. I do enjoy the topics being discussed here as well and see that cool heads do prevail. It seems that like everyone is willing to listen to each other. Not common in forums these days hence why I don't spent much time but this one is cool.

Yenic

Can someone please tell me what waypoints would be a good use for?
Probably the #1 reason people want it is this is a HOBBY and trying new things is inherent in most folks especially with a quadcopter.

Waypoints could also be used for an easy way to go to a location to take video or pictures and return. But there are lots of things it could be used for, use your imagination.d

One thing nice is you can tell it what direction you want to film. So it will fly from point A to B and do it sideways so its shooting video in a pan.

Not to mention you can fly beyond normal connectivity and drop down low and still get the video. I have sent mine over to the river (1 1/2 miles away) and flown low across the water going around all the bends in river. I could not have maintained connectivity to do this.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj