Loving the Multistar 4000

Reaction score
I just received a pair of Multistar 4000 batts last night. Two flights in I’m super excited at the prospects. My configuration is phantom upgrade board, iOSD, H3-2D gimbal, GoPro 3+ Black, Immersion RC 600, FPVR Antenna, 9”props. I had to dremmel the opening to fit the battery but I’m using the original lid and the larger opening does not show with the lid closed.

First flight I set a timer for 9 minutes which was the most I could get with my Mad Dogs when they were new. Anyway after 9 minutes I had to put in 57% back into the battery to get it full. Crazy.

Second flight I set the timer for 11 minutes. That 11-minute flight resulted in me putting back 68% to get it to full. So applying the 80% rule it looks like I’m going to be getting around 13 minutes per flight, which is pretty insane to me since I’ve never had any other Phantom besides the original.

On that second flight I was able to get to break 1KM, which is also new to me and feels just insane. Anyway just popping in the say I love the Multistars and HobbyKing has their act together. Where before it would take around 3 weeks for delivery, these arrived home in 3 days, and they were shipped from Hong Kong to Puerto Rico. And at just $20 a pop, I looks like being stuck with a Phantom 1 isn’t so bad after all.

Reactions: JKDSensei
Almost the same setup I have I am not at all unhappy about my setup as well. I plan to order more they are that good. There is also a mod for the 5200 battery, buti t requires more work here is a video here ------->
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Nice work fellas. In a lot of ways I like the P1 better than the newer Phantoms.

I was giving the dual side slinger carbon fiber mounts some consideration.
A 2200 or 2700 mAh battery on both sides. My only reservation is that longer flight times equate to hotter motors.

Have you measured the actual temp of your motors with a laser thermometer after a long flight?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers