Lovin' my new hobby

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have recently bought a FC40, and I'm hooked.

What a great hobby, the only downside I have at the moment is that my local area does not allow drone flights, so I'm quite limited to where I can fly it (Peterborough UK)

I was going to fit a G-2D gimbal to it, but after speaking to a local DJI stockist, he recommends against it due to the extra weight, decreased flight times etc, So I just use a fixed carbon mount

So once I get the hang of flying this one I'll be trading it for a P3

Reactions: IflyinWY
Glad you are enjoying it and sorry your flight area is limited. A lot of enjoyment and fun. Making videos is a good hobby too. Enjoy!

Hi guys,

I have recently bought a FC40, and I'm hooked.

What a great hobby, the only downside I have at the moment is that my local area does not allow drone flights, so I'm quite limited to where I can fly it (Peterborough UK)

I was going to fit a G-2D gimbal to it, but after speaking to a local DJI stockist, he recommends against it due to the extra weight, decreased flight times etc, So I just use a fixed carbon mount

So once I get the hang of flying this one I'll be trading it for a P3

The Walkera G2D is the lightest and best gimbal for the price. Check the forums for upgrade ideas you are going to love what you can do with your FC40.

Hello, and welcome to the forum. I am in the UK too and am a little surprised you can find nowhere to fly locally... The CAA rules in the UK are pretty free. Are you too close to a town? Anyway, I can really recommend the Walkera G2D gimbal... I fitted one to my FC40 and am still getting 7-8 mins from a stock battery... Much longer with a black magic 3000mAH. It has transformed the pictures I can take; video before was unusable in comparison... And I can also tilt the camera to get different angles on the subject. Really brilliant! I am still using stock props... 8in, have added a small altimeter, and with The G2D, go pro and prop guards I am still well below max weight. Heartily recommend fitting a gimbal.

Great feedback for you there biff. Happy for you being hooked. It's like nothing else... :D

So, how about sharing some of the video, or stills from your flights. I'm landlocked in Wyoming and really do enjoy seeing pics/vids from other parts of the world.

Gimbals are worth their weight in gold. The video quality is enough to take your breath away, and keep your viewers watching the screen instead of turning away saying "it's really jerky, I can't watch it".

If you want to hear what everyone has to say on the subject, you've come to one of the right places. I've got some input, and it's different from your dealer's. Get yourself a gimbal and go play. Learn with the 40 and make any and all mistakes with this bird. It's a lot cheaper than the P3. More importantly, you will be learning to fly verses learning how to operate the APP.

It's all in what we want, I'm just throwing my 2 cents in.

Enjoy the show, it's a kick. :D:D

biff600,

I feel your pain. The city I live near does not allow flight anywhere in public property, limiting to private property real stinks. Fortunately I live 20 min out of town, lots of space out here to fly...

I haven't yet, but plan on upgradin to the G2D gimbal as well... seems to be worth its weight in gold when it comes to video.

Anyway.. welcome!

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1438547798.312085.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1438547827.331687.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1438547856.163474.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1438547913.821059.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1438547959.980297.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1438547992.268133.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1438548078.585348.jpg

Just a few views of my part of the UK to keep you happy!

Nice.. Good to know that their is beautiful country every where. Had to look hard but I figured out the ship was a ferry in one of the photos. Good job and enjoy flying.

Thanks Clive, great shots.
That last one is a really good example of how much the tide changes at the higher latitudes.

The Solent area has a big tide variation... 4 metres at Springs...

The pictures are... For non-Brits... 1. My friends house in Surrey. 2.Cowes on the Isle of Wight. 3.Bronze Age horse at Uffington on Oxfordshire. 4. Bembridge, IoW. 5. Yarmouth. IoW. 6. Ashworth House, Lambourne, Wiltshire. 7. Newtown Harbour. IoW.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20