Love the range with minimal equipment !

Reaction score
I am having a ball with the FPVLR Stage 2 setup. Even if I didn't gain any range it sure is easier to point !

I really don't have the desire to go boosted and am hoping I can make 10,000 with a stock bird unboosted.

Went out flying today and the view was spectacular. Made it 8261' with nothing more than the antenna swap on the controller. No boosters including no wi-fi apps.

Can't imagine what this thing is going to do when I install FPVLR antennas on the Phantom.

Thanks Tony, really impressed with such a small package. Best money I have spent on it.

[vimeo]105481402[/vimeo]
https://vimeo.com/105481402

Tony I don't care. Just sharing it with my friends on here. Anyone is free to link so feel free. Thanks for great product!

rrmccabe Nice video, it always impresses me the distances flyers are getting with just the stage 2 kit. I've only been out to 3000ft with my stage 2 setup as i've no desire to go any further but being able to have fpv on the highest preview setting and solid connections really inspire confidence in flying out of LOS.
Agreed, a truly great product and well worth the upgrade. :D

Love that video. My wife wondered why I wanted a drone. I've always wanted to fly. You just don't get to see all of the magnificence of Creation from ground level like you do from the air. I just got my Phantom 2 Vison+ and have mastered the visual flight, but my inability to see my phone screen makes video difficult. Exactly what did you put together here? Links to the equipment and instructions? Thanks again.

Thanks guys. Have to be honest when you are doing this you just need a good understanding of the technology. You really dont need that great of view FPV. You just need to understand what happens in all circumstances. Set your home lock high so you have a clear path coming home. I am still learning.

db51, I am running nothing more than a FPVLR stage 2 kit on the controller. My bird is untouched.

The stage 2 kit is a small package available at FPVLR.com that has two small antennas on the wifi unit and small helix for the control side. Its easier to direct/point than the factory one and as you can see I am getting more range. There is no soldering and the toughest part is trimming the old glue away to remove the original connector.

Yea... well, I'm not so sure when he can't even maintain a website.

Tried several times to go to his site, even on my mobile phone, no luck.

He is much better antenna Guy than website Guy ;)

rrmccabe said:
He is much better antenna Guy than website Guy ;)

I believe you.

However, if it's that he's that good, then he need someone to manage the website.

I'm willing to believe (BUY) the testimonies.

I simply just can't even see what he's selling.

Hey rrmccabe,

I'm getting about the same range as you with my FPVLR Stage 2 and I am just as impressed with what a difference it makes.

After several more runs now with most of them achieving 8000+ down range, I have decided to take a slightly different path than you. In most of my runs, the 2.4 falls off before the 5.8 so I've decided to amplify my 2.4 on the controller side and see what it does (stuff already ordered from FPVLR). I'm very interested to see what kind of gains you get from your pinwheels on the quad. Please be sure to do a good write-up on the mod process and the results.

kxkraze said:
Hey rrmccabe,

I'm getting about the same range as you with my FPVLR Stage 2 and I am just as impressed with what a difference it makes.

After several more runs now with most of them achieving 8000+ down range, I have decided to take a slightly different path than you. In most of my runs, the 2.4 falls off before the 5.8 so I've decided to amplify my 2.4 on the controller side and see what it does (stuff already ordered from FPVLR). I'm very interested to see what kind of gains you get from your pinwheels on the quad. Please be sure to do a good write-up on the mod process and the results.

Will do.

My Wifi seems to be really similar to the control. The "apps" just are not helping me. I have a feeling that with 1/2 spheres on the bird I am going to have to start worrying about battery life more as the range is going to be out there. Have to make sure I fly in ideal winds.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers