Love my batt charging hub

Reaction score
So, now I have 4 batteries for my P3P, last time when I want to charged them, I needed to plan my charging time. Charging 2 batteries before sleep and charging 2 another batt when I woke up. Now I can charging all my batteries when I sleep and just wake up with all my batteries in fully charge without worry broke the batteries coase charge it 1 by 1.
Thanks to DJI charging hub.

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1443547680.707069.jpg

Reactions: acherman
So, now I have 4 batteries for my P3P, last time when I want to charged them, I needed to plan my charging time. Charging 2 batteries before sleep and charging 2 another batt when I woke up. Now I can charging all my batteries when I sleep and just wake up with all my batteries in fully charge without worry broke the batteries coase charge it 1 by 1.
Thanks to DJI charging hub

Does it get hot? Which one do you have ?

It's the DJI charging hub. I have it too and it has been working great. I never noticed it getting overly hot while charging batteries.

Last edited:
Reactions: brianb87
It does not get hot as it is just a stand with some smarts and an electrical pass-thru. Your charging adapter will get as warm as it normally does, and your battery will get warm as it normally does, but the charging hub does not tend to heat up any. A great product that DJI gave us on this one.

Since it has the ability to be upgraded, I am wondering, if in the future, it will be able to charge more than one battery at a time.

Since it's a "hub" (aka parallel charging hub) it shouldn't heat up because in reality it's not pushing any additional power through the unit. It should charge all batteries proportionally longer than charging just one.

Just one word of caution, even with our SMART battery chargers I'm not sure I would leave them charging over-night unattended unless I had them on some type of masonry station which would not allow for any form of ignition.

Thanks for sharing :)

Reactions: Farmer
Since it has the ability to be upgraded, I am wondering, if in the future, it will be able to charge more than one battery at a time.
If you want to chage simultanly, the charger need to have double power from the original one. If the adaptor has same power it need longger time to charge the battery and result the battery don't have good time charging because the charging can't at full load

Since it's a "hub" (aka parallel charging hub) it shouldn't heat up because in reality it's not pushing any additional power through the unit. It should charge all batteries proportionally longer than charging just one.

Just one word of caution, even with our SMART battery chargers I'm not sure I would leave them charging over-night unattended unless I had them on some type of masonry station which would not allow for any form of ignition.

Thanks for sharing :)
Thats right not to charge with unattended because it's lippo batts. As I know Smart batt phantom 3 has heat sensor so when the batt over heat. The charging will be stop. And for me I don't have time to charge attended. But still not to save to leave unattended while charging lippo batt.

I've been charging LiPo's unattended for years and my house hasn't burned down yet. Unless you guys are doing the cinder block thing, are you watching and checking your battery temps every minute? If a LiPo is gonna catch fire or explode, it's going to be quick, and you may only be able to watch anyway. I charge mine on my kitchen counter, back seat of my truck, floor of my office at work, truck area of my wife's SUV. No fires. Sure, it COULD happen, but kits of stuff could happen. I treat them with respect, but I'm also not a worry wart - not going to live my life afraid of LiPo's exploding, the FAA knocking at my door, or Facebook selling my "private" info.

Oh yah, and I also love my charging hub. I can put my batteries on to charge before bed and they are all ready to go in the morning. And no noisy fans running. [emoji6]

I've been charging LiPo's unattended for years and my house hasn't burned down yet. Unless you guys are doing the cinder block thing, are you watching and checking your battery temps every minute? If a LiPo is gonna catch fire or explode, it's going to be quick, and you may only be able to watch anyway. I charge mine on my kitchen counter, back seat of my truck, floor of my office at work, truck area of my wife's SUV. No fires. Sure, it COULD happen, but kits of stuff could happen. I treat them with respect, but I'm also not a worry wart - not going to live my life afraid of LiPo's exploding, the FAA knocking at my door, or Facebook selling my "private" info.

Oh yah, and I also love my charging hub. I can put my batteries on to charge before bed and they are all ready to go in the morning. And no noisy fans running. [emoji6]
That same what I do.
I use to play electric onroad that use lipo batt. Some times I charge the conventional lipo batt unattended and it saved. The smart dji batt have electronic that could save the batt. I think this would be ok to charge unattended.
PS: as long as the batt is in good condition without any damage batt or leak cell it would be save.

Well by all means everyone else on the planet should immediately disregard any safe charging practices on all LiPo batteries because you've had a perfect safety record.

Sometimes it pays to be on the cautious side of things especially when you're dealing with something that "could" cause a fire and jeopardize house and life. If that's a worry wart so be it. For the record when charging non-Smart batteries I DO use the CMU method and also have a bag of sand over each cell just to potentially slow things down should a pack ignite.

I've not had one "ignite" but I have had one short out and produce a massive amount of nasty smoke, melt the case and severely deform. Thank goodness it was on asphalt because it caused a mess to say the least.

As with just about any other aspect of this hobby what works for one may or may not work for another and we simply figure out what tools/methods work best for our own set up. Of course YMMV

Well by all means everyone else on the planet should immediately disregard any safe charging practices on all LiPo batteries because you've had a perfect safety record.

Sometimes it pays to be on the cautious side of things especially when you're dealing with something that "could" cause a fire and jeopardize house and life. If that's a worry wart so be it. For the record when charging non-Smart batteries I DO use the CMU method and also have a bag of sand over each cell just to potentially slow things down should a pack ignite.

I've not had one "ignite" but I have had one short out and produce a massive amount of nasty smoke, melt the case and severely deform. Thank goodness it was on asphalt because it caused a mess to say the least.

As with just about any other aspect of this hobby what works for one may or may not work for another and we simply figure out what tools/methods work best for our own set up. Of course YMMV

Interesting how you start out with a pissy comment about how I share my experience and opinion, annnnnnnnd... then you do the same. So, following your lead, everyone on the planet should do what you do? Why do people feel the need to leave comments like that?

Thanks to DJI charging hub.

View attachment 32290
Here is a cheaper alternative and it doesn't get hot either-- completely satisfied, however, it only charges 3 batteries and the transmitter at the same time

Online FPV and RC store - Charger for DJI Phantom 3 charging 3 batteries and remote control at the same time - Accessories

1_2_4.jpg

Reactions: 304HighDrone
How long it takes to charge 4 batts and does it charge 1 at the time or all 4 same time. Thank you.

I've been charging LiPo's unattended for years and my house hasn't burned down yet. Unless you guys are doing the cinder block thing, are you watching and checking your battery temps every minute?

I've never had my house broken into... but I still lock the front door. Taking preventive measures against something that _can_ and _may_ happen is about removing the possible harm. Not about doing something only _after_ it's happened.

Truth is, Lipo batteries have been known to explode while charging (a simple search on Youtube will confirm this). Lipo bags are resistance to explosions and fire. They are also very inexpensive. Do I own some? Yes. Do I use them all of the time? No. Are they a good idea? Certainly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers