Lousy Signal between RC an P4

Reaction score
Hi All,

Ok I will admit it, I am not at all confident in my abilities and not entirely confident in Go 4 or Litchi but I am persevering!

Recently I posted the awful crash (no damage thankfully) where the drone, on a litchi waypoint mission suddenly went berserk a finally landed upside down in a soggy field. Since that event, I have been taking tiny steps with the 4 and as the weather in the UK has not been brilliant today was first of those oh so tiny steps since that event.

After the event above, I researched the logs on healthy drones and was horrified to see POOR signal strength between the controller and the P4. Hence tiny steps today.

Went to my office, flew manually for 15 minutes or so, 130 feet distance and no more than 40 feet altitude, forwards, backwards, left, right, up, down etc.

Came home, uploaded logs to Healthy Drones and saw good satellite connections and again POOR signal connection.

24e6lpx.jpg

Here are the Satellite Connections

90vsjc.png

Surely the RC connection to the P4 should be far stronger than is shown here, Both the P4 and the RC had 100% battery at the start of this exercise.

I am also unsure why at point Q in the satellite image in am -8.2 feet underground

Any advice or counsel would be appreciated.

Were you using a screen recorder at the time, or had any other apps running on your device, I get this on my Nexus 7 when using az recorder, even though I have a good signal.
Also was your device indicating good signal at the time.

I always seem to fly underground with negative altitude numbers, and land that way too. The drone's altitude hardware and engineering, or maybe the GO software, is just bad, imho. My confidence in it just isn't that good either so I allow for a 50 foot buffer.

Hi Jayfdee, no other apps running, no screen recorder. Didn't think to check the signal on the Litchi app as I wasn't aware of signal error until I got home an checked healthy drones. Hopefully the weather will be 'reasonable' tomorrow and I will give it another try.

Hi All,

Recently I posted the awful crash (no damage thankfully) where the drone, on a litchi waypoint mission suddenly went berserk a finally landed upside down in a soggy field.

When it went berserk, did you try flipping the mode switch, or pushing the pause button to make the craft hover in place?

I always seem to fly underground with negative altitude numbers, and land that way too. The drone's altitude hardware and engineering, or maybe the GO software, is just bad, imho. My confidence in it just isn't that good either so I allow for a 50 foot buffer.
A barometric detection system being asked to measure absolutely minute changes in atmospheric pressure will always struggle, as you say, allow a margin of error.

Ok managed a second test today of waypoint mission (not ideal weather) but want to get to the bottom of my very poor RC to Drone connection.

This is the flight, no curved paths, just a simple waypoint mission.

This what Health drones reported as signal strength between the RC and the drone

Signal Strength.PNG

And this is what the Litchi app showed when the Drone was no more than 18 inches away from me and stationary on the ground!

Note: There are NO green bars showing on the Litchi App for connection between RC and Phantom 4 is this a problem with the RC. The Samsung Tablet or the App running on Android?

Can you test with a different android device? Were you running Mobizen during this last flight,clearly you had it on at the start, as I mentioned, I always get this type of HD report when running a screen recorder.
I do sometimes fly long distances, maybe a mile away(P4 and over the mudflats where no-one can go), with the screen recorder on, and get perfect flight, but bad HD signal report.
I am sure you will identify the cause soon.

OK not relevant to your current problem, but watched your video, and it looks like a typical Litchi mission. Did you take off from a concrete roadway, if so be a bit careful, there may be rebar underneath which can cause problems, also I always launch manually and hover for a while and check my controls etc and then load the mission whilst in the air,just my personal preference.
Your screen shot appears to show good signal full bars,they are meant to be white bars, sorry if I have misinterpreted anything.

Hi Jayfdee, originally I had the craft hovering about 2 meters, tried starting the mission but 'uploading' stayed at 0% for 5 minutes, landed, started uploading the mission, took off manually about 1 meter then the mission 'kicked in' and off it launched, up, then turned left, then 45 degrees right and away in the blue yonder..

No Mobizen wasn't running during the flight, I merely activated to capture the screen after landing.

Hi All,

Ok I will admit it, I am not at all confident in my abilities and not entirely confident in Go 4 or Litchi but I am persevering!

Recently I posted the awful crash (no damage thankfully) where the drone, on a litchi waypoint mission suddenly went berserk a finally landed upside down in a soggy field. Since that event, I have been taking tiny steps with the 4 and as the weather in the UK has not been brilliant today was first of those oh so tiny steps since that event.

After the event above, I researched the logs on healthy drones and was horrified to see POOR signal strength between the controller and the P4. Hence tiny steps today.

Went to my office, flew manually for 15 minutes or so, 130 feet distance and no more than 40 feet altitude, forwards, backwards, left, right, up, down etc.

Came home, uploaded logs to Healthy Drones and saw good satellite connections and again POOR signal connection.

24e6lpx.jpg

Here are the Satellite Connections

90vsjc.png

Surely the RC connection to the P4 should be far stronger than is shown here, Both the P4 and the RC had 100% battery at the start of this exercise.

I am also unsure why at point Q in the satellite image in am -8.2 feet underground

Any advice or counsel would be appreciated.

I experienced the same thing with mine and sent mine back to DJI, they replaced mine with a refurbished one which I wasn't happy about but apparently have have no recourse but at least now my signal is much better.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie