Louisiana UAV Legislation

So it seems THEY can spy on you but heaven forbid if you happen to look at them? :roll:

Not necessarily a bad idea to try to restrict detailed aerial surveillance of certain facilities, but that bill contains some big grey areas and some strange wording.

For example, what does "specifically targeted" mean? That incidental recording of such a facility during a flight is OK?

While it gives examples of "critical infrastructure" that may not be recorded, it says "but not limited to...", so how does one know if a particular site not explicitly listed is covered, unless it is posted. That's a potential minefield. Of course minefields probably count as critical infrastructure too.

Every time I fly in my backyard, it's impossible not to sometimes catch the nearby city watertower in some of the shots (it's maybe 300 yards from my house)...so would that be illegal in Louisiana if this bill passed? :roll:

OI Photography said:
Every time I fly in my backyard, it's impossible not to sometimes catch the nearby city watertower in some of the shots (it's maybe 300 yards from my house)...so would that be illegal in Louisiana if this bill passed? :roll:

That may be the reason for the "specifically targeted" wording - to exempt that kind of situation.

Interesting thoughts on this matter already. Keep them coming!

Here is the text of the actual bill proposed:

ViewDocument.aspx

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl