Lots to learn

Reaction score
So I know I've got lots to learn lol, this is only the second video I've attempted to put together, I have zero knowledge on how to use video editors and how to set up the camera on the phantom etc. I'm getting pretty comfortable with litchi but other than that when it comes to the filming , picture taking, editing aspects I'm a complete noob lol. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated to help me learn. I'm using a p3s, all camera settings on auto, editing software is filmora. Sorry whole video is in a box I tried everything I could find while editing that I thought would get rid of that but to no avail it's in a box on my laptop too before upload to YouTube. Thanks again for your feedback, critism, and pointers.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Neon Euc and Nard
Good job. I enjoyed the video. I like how smooth you were with moving the camera around. For picture editing, I would suggest Lightroom. Another video editing program that may be handy is Imovie, GoPro and a few others. Good job again. I'm sure you'll get some great feedback from others on here as well.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Good job. I enjoyed the video. I like how smooth you were with moving the camera around. For picture editing, I would suggest Lightroom. Another video editing program that may be handy is Imovie, GoPro and a few others. Good job again. I'm sure you'll get some great feedback from others on here as well.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Thank you :) I'll look into those programs I'm really liking filmora and it's pretty user friendly to a complete noob like myself lol once I really get the hang of it I'll be able to iron out the flaws but I love learning knew things so I'll definitely be checking out your suggestions :) then I can graduate to more advanced features like fine tuning the picture with colors contrast sharpness etc. Gotta get the hang of the actual piecing together first lol. And I wish I could take credit for the smooth turning but that's all litchi haha well besides getting the headings looking good in app before flying but yeah I agree the smooth turning came out well, the smooth curves feature in litchi is great :D thanks again for your input and happy flying :)

This was a well made video - congratulations !, I am as well a noob litchi user and although I flew my drone with the app I have never setup a single mission yet,
this will be my next challenge, what I've noticed with litchi is that the video transmission back to tablet is a lot smoother than DJIgo .
Regarding video editing try to use something that is popular among users so you can learn it simply from watching youtube videos, I use sony vegas and there is lots of free tutorials on youtube.
You did a fantastic job so far , next one will be even better !

This was a well made video - congratulations !, I am as well a noob litchi user and although I flew my drone with the app I have never setup a single mission yet,
this will be my next challenge, what I've noticed with litchi is that the video transmission back to tablet is a lot smoother than DJIgo .
Regarding video editing try to use something that is popular among users so you can learn it simply from watching youtube videos, I use sony vegas and there is lots of free tutorials on youtube.
You did a fantastic job so far , next one will be even better !
Thank you for the suggestion :) yeah I'm very happy with litchi, go is a good app too and is by no means a bad app I'm just getting to the point where the more I use litchi the more I find myself rarely using go lol your gonna love the waypoint feature in litchi it's light years ahead of the way go does way points best advice I can give you when you start venturing into wp missions in litchi is double, triple, quadruple check all waypoint settings for altitude and speed . Those two variables will keep your bird safe and remember if signal is lost the bird continues to fly mission but at the speed it was doing when signal lost. Start with small missions close by and have fun playing with different settings at each wp there are tons of different things you can do with wp's with headings, direction of rotation between wp's gimble angles etc. The sky is the limit literally lol be creative and have fun is the main thing oh and always set the last wp near where you will be so as ac finishes mission it will be near you and you'll have connection again if signal was lost. And thanks again for the tips, happy flying

Thank you for the suggestion :) yeah I'm very happy with litchi, go is a good app too and is by no means a bad app I'm just getting to the point where the more I use litchi the more I find myself rarely using go lol your gonna love the waypoint feature in litchi it's light years ahead of the way go does way points best advice I can give you when you start venturing into wp missions in litchi is double, triple, quadruple check all waypoint settings for altitude and speed . Those two variables will keep your bird safe and remember if signal is lost the bird continues to fly mission but at the speed it was doing when signal lost. Start with small missions close by and have fun playing with different settings at each wp there are tons of different things you can do with wp's with headings, direction of rotation between wp's gimble angles etc. The sky is the limit literally lol be creative and have fun is the main thing oh and always set the last wp near where you will be so as ac finishes mission it will be near you and you'll have connection again if signal was lost. And thanks again for the tips, happy flying
thanks for the tip, can you setup the way points at home and save it , then go on location, load it up and start the mission or do you have to be right there on site ?

You can do it at home, you can use the litchi hub (I've never tried that part yet lol) where you use your computer to program the flight, I just do it in app on my tab. Sit around at night while chilling and thinking of where I may want to fly and type of mission open up litchi waypoints and start making the mission with waypoints, poi's, altitudes, speeds, headings, camera options, etc. Once complete I'll start the fine tuning, getting each heading just how I want double checking rotations between wp's clockwise or anti etc you know the little details lol then I'll double, triple, quadruple check each wp, first and last are close to where I plan on physically being etc. Important thing to note when doing a mission like that is if you aren't completely familiar with the area then scout it out prior to flying it, don't rely on the map cuz google maps aren't spot on up to date lol (understatement) so there may be a new obstacle along flight path that isn't in the maps,trees buildings etc. Once happy just save the mission. It can be adjusted at any time I have saved missions from weeks ago I still tweak around and fly again so once saved don't feel its set in stone lol. When ready to fly mission go to site, launch bird, let it hover a good distance up above any nearby obstacles(once mission is launched it will head toward first wp, if your craft is low and first wp is on the other side of an obstacle it will fly towards wp1 and gradually increase altitude ita not like rth that goes straight up to altitude then laterally over, same goes for wp's it adjusts altitude gradually between the two so remember that when planning flight to avoid obstacles) then go into waypoint mode tap upload icon, choose which mission and hit OK, that loads mission to device, then hit the play icon, that'll upload mission to the bird and it'll fly the mission. It's pretty sweet litchi wp rocks compared to go wp lol

And another thing to keep in mind I forgot to mention is when programming in altitudes, the altitude you set is agl from take-off point not agl at where the wp is. Pretty important if flightpath takes it over hills, buildings, tall trees, etc.

Awesome video[emoji4][emoji4] I found out the reason why the video is in the box, you need to go to settings where you export the video in filmora and change it to 720p, anything higher and it makes it in a box. I'm sure there has to be a way to make it full screen at 2.4K but I can't bloody find it lol

Sent from my HUAWEI LYO-L01 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: GhostRdrTat
Awesome video[emoji4][emoji4] I found out the reason why the video is in the box, you need to go to settings where you export the video in filmora and change it to 720p, anything higher and it makes it in a box. I'm sure there has to be a way to make it full screen at 2.4K but I can't bloody find it lol

Sent from my HUAWEI LYO-L01 using PhantomPilots mobile app
Sweet thx, I knew it was only a matter of time before someone with more brains than me figured it out :D

Reactions: Neon Euc

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan