Lots of complaining, anyone enjoying there p4?

ive had every UAV dji have made and the P4 is one of the best... just got abit of a lemon on an early P4 Camera but just gained access to my 2nd P4 and the camera is excellent.

I find it very interesting that a lot of these positive comments are from first time Phantom owners. I think the more experienced pilots maybe had higher expectations for the P4 and are a lot more critical. I am a relatively new pilot as well and owned the P3P prior to the P4. So far with the limited flights I have with the P4 I think it is great bird. I am glad I kept my P3P as I think they compliment each other.

Reactions: John Locke
This P4 is a piece of crap. I only got 27 minutes flight time yesterday. THEY SAID IT WOULD BE 28. I hate DJI and I'm going to return this mis-leading piece of junk.

I went from a P2 with a gopro to my P4, completely satisfied. I shoot more stills than
video and tend to hover. I get about 22min with 24% left when I land.
Great little camera, being able to view before shooting, haha loads of fun.
Excellent addition to the camera bag.
Have fun shooting.

Attachments

• fun.jpg
    fun.jpg
    482.4 KB · Views: 326
Last edited:
Reactions: pilo35
I went from a P2 with a gopro to my P4, completely satisfied. I shoot more stills than
video and tend to hover. I get about 22min with 24% left when I land.
Great little camera, being able to view before shooting, haha loads of fun.
Excellent addition to the camera bag.
Have fun shooting.
That's and awesome shot. How did you do that.

Love it -- even tho I get some hits from my fixed wing club members -- 'hey, that's not piloting'. Maybe I'll get one of those cool gliders down the road. One thing to pass along by way of a warning: watch how you hold the aircraft -- lost my memory card when my thumb accidentally released the memory card. The card fell on the floor and of course my chair rolled right over it -- one bent and dead 32gb card. Try holding the aircraft -- camera facing forward -- battery behind your palm -- thumb touching the micro card/usb port area. For me its not hard to release the memory card. Thinking I'll stored the card separate.

Love mine. Had it for little over a month and no complaints, I try to concentrate on all the stuff it does vs the stuff it doesn't do. The weather is finally clearing up so should be able to fly a lot more soon!

I flew a P2V+ since Dec '14. Took it on several nice vacations, got a lot of good video and stills. I hadn't flown it since last fall. The bug bit me again and I was able to swing a P4 about a week ago. Great bird. To me it's like going from the Wright brothers Flyer to a F-22. Lots more electronics but to me it all works behind the scenes so you can concentrate on the imaging

As a kind of litmus test, I have 4 phantoms, 1,2,3 and 4, since the arrival of the P4 none of the other phantoms have left the cupboard. It is an awesome machine. It is a shame that some are marred by problems. Too many are having upgrade and or post upgrade problems, mine is staying on it's current firmware for the foreseeable.

Rubbish, i was promised 28 minutes flight time and only got 27.30 yesterday and it didnt fly the 10 miles to my daughters house :) just kidding, absolutely love my P4, i dont need or want long ranges, just love flying it and taking pics and vid of lical areas. The height is what i love, can get pictures of my whole estate. I can see where the drug deals are going down or even where the icecream van is if im peckish. This is my most favourite buy EVER and apart from a frustrating update when i first had it (wouldn't even take off but probably my ignorance) i have had none of the problems mentioned online.

Last edited:
I find it very interesting that a lot of these positive comments are from first time Phantom owners. I think the more experienced pilots maybe had higher expectations for the P4 and are a lot more critical. I am a relatively new pilot as well and owned the P3P prior to the P4. So far with the limited flights I have with the P4 I think it is great bird. I am glad I kept my P3P as I think they compliment each other.
Im a new Phantom owner and have never owned a previous one but have flown with seasoned P3 owners and i must say they love the P4 and after using mine some are considering getting the P4.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers