Lots of complaining, anyone enjoying there p4?

I love it. In normal GPS mode with CA on the 4 is slower and less jerky than the P3 from what I have experienced. But this is better for taking video in my opinion. Especially if you suck at it like I do, makes it easier to create more fluid shots I think. Then you have sport mode which is great if you need (much) more speed. I like being able to switch between the two. I have seen longer battery life in mine than I had with the P3, but I guess that isn't everyone's experience.

I also as OP said like just simply flying it around.

Everything about P4 seems great except the distance. DJI took a step backwards for some reason, I'm unsure why. I don't think the FAA would influence a Chinese company to reduce distance capability. Although I have improved my distance with the proper transmission quality setting of 4mbps, I'm still seeing disconnects with P4 in the same beach areas that I've never had with my P3P. Yesterday I got a total disconnect with no warning. Fortunately it came back to papa with auto-RTH. I'm hoping the distance issue gets fixed someday, but it may be a hardware issue that can't be fixed. Other than the distance disappointment, I'm a happy camper. Lots of new features. Anyone that hasn't owned a P3P before should be bonkers happy with P4. It's only the P3P owners with lots of experience that may have some disappointments in P4.

The camera is much better than the P3P. I don't need to do sharpness adjustment in Photoshop, only noise reduction if need it. I even guess it has a better sensor as the colors are nicer w/o editing.

Last edited:
I see a lot of complaining on here about the p4. Just curious if anyone has enjoying their new bird. I think there is something to be said about taking it out and just fling it for the simple joy. It sounds like a lot of that is lost when we start break down to self proclaimed aeronautical engineers. Thoughts?

My only regret is that I haven't had enough time to fly it as much as I want!

Everything about P4 seems great except the distance. DJI took a step backwards for some reason, I'm unsure why. I don't think the FAA would influence a Chinese company to reduce distance capability. Although I have improved my distance with the proper transmission quality setting of 4mbps, I'm still seeing disconnects with P4 in the same beach areas that I've never had with my P3P. Yesterday I got a total disconnect with no warning. Fortunately it came back to papa with auto-RTH. I'm hoping the distance issue gets fixed someday, but it may be a hardware issue that can't be fixed. Other than the distance disappointment, I'm a happy camper. Lots of new features. Anyone that hasn't owned a P3P before should be bonkers happy with P4. It's only the P3P owners with lots of experience that may have some disappointments in P4.

Fun flying with you yesterday minus the "little" hiccup we had. haha!

Signed up specifically to say I absolutely love mine. Been lurking a couple of forums for the P4 for months now. Forums tend to bring out the complainers. But add me to the list of so far so good. This thing does everything I wanted it to. Other than a brief learning curve I have had zero issues. Does the battery last 28 minutes? Nope. Like 20-22 minutes. Can it fly 3.1 miles? Maybe. But I have never understood why some one would want or need to. If that's your thing then you probably need a much bigger and more expensive platform.

Reactions: Stewkur
I love mine, go out with it every day weather permitting! Just got done with a nice flight this morning in fact!

Good range, I consistently am able to get over the advertised 5km with my windsurfer, further than I ever flew my P3P with a windsurfer which seemed to lose signal at around 3km on my longer range flights. The P4's battery I'll admit could be better especially since they advertised it as such, but it's not terrible, I'm averaging around 17-20 minutes per flight (flights where I'm constantly throttled forward, climbing/descending, rotating, and etc). I've been landing with 25-30 percent battery left, so overall my flight times are about the same as my P3P. Camera so far seems really nice and is a definite improvement over the two P3Ps I've owned which were plagued with lens focusing issues.

I really have no major complaints so far, except for two minor things: the gimbal lock doesn't fit over my polar pro filters and my Nvidia Shield won't fit in the case.

Signed up specifically to say I absolutely love mine. Been lurking a couple of forums for the P4 for months now. Forums tend to bring out the complainers. But add me to the list of so far so good. This thing does everything I wanted it to. Other than a brief learning curve I have had zero issues. Does the battery last 28 minutes? Nope. Like 20-22 minutes. Can it fly 3.1 miles? Maybe. But I have never understood why some one would want or need to. If that's your thing then you probably need a much bigger and more expensive platform.

Welcome to the forums! :)

Last edited:
I see a lot of complaining on here about the p4. Just curious if anyone has enjoying their new bird. I think there is something to be said about taking it out and just fling it for the simple joy. It sounds like a lot of that is lost when we start break down to self proclaimed aeronautical engineers. Thoughts?
As I've never owned a Camera-drone or flown one before, the Phantom 4 is my first experience of such an aircraft. As a filmmaker I find it fascinating and I am able to get shots I could only have dreamt of not so long ago. Yes the battery life could be better but it hasn't stop me getting the material I want (thus far!).

Just 2 flights under my belt and new to drones but am loving the build & performance so far.

I love it. Granted, it's my first drone, but I am having a blast with it. Yesterday the collision avoidance saved my bacon as I was using tap to fly and lost link. This is an easy to fly machine with some great technology.

From my point of view, most complains come here, but most reviews i see look good, the P4 sounds like a new beast for speed.

I love it. It's my first, but I don't regret the decision at all. Wish I had time to fly more. Took it out 2 miles yesterday and got 23 mins on the battery with stick 100% and CA on. I have zero complaints. I did keep my battery above 40% for the first 10 flights.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Have almost 40 flights on the P4 and love it in combination with the FPV Camera App.
Use it for a work project with an industrial plant and it performs each mission like a champ.

Enjoying the hell out of mine....

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4