Lost

did it crash

Sounds like he is trying to judge the distance because it crashed, dang, that's not an easy answer because its arbitrary, meaning, some guys with 30/20 vision (think fighter pilots, navy loves those eagle eyes SOBs) could track it further then the average man. I'd guess if you knew where too look, and had an actual visual on it, maybe, maybe 1/2 mile? That seems early to "fall" though, unless battery was already low.
Hope you find her Busdriver

Sounds like you need to pull your flight log - should give you a very good idea about where it came down, and could shed light on what happened. Check out healthydrones.com.

Honestly, I still see it as a dot 1800' out depending on the weather. cloudy days maybe 1000' sometimes. But either way it will show on your log and you should have seen it on the app :)

The log is going to be much more accurate than an attempt to judge distance by eyeball from over a thousand feet. Hopefully you can get enough information from the map to eyeball a likely landing zone. It is also possible to get a Google Earth track of your flight logs which has been very helpful for some other folk. Post the log files (search around for how if need be).

You also don't say if the bird was under power when you lost sight of it - it could have drifted even further than you think.

Then buy another drone -- to help you look for the first one of course.

It was trying to RTH I turned off the transmitter at about 300 yards but was caught in high winds and drifted about 10 min before falling think wind gust turned it over yep it crashed in thick woods all my fault flown my solo over the area cam facing down out to 800 meters haven't spotted it yet maybe will take a look at the 800 to thousand range Thanks for the help

With more experience I'm getting brave and flying further I took my 8 power compact insta focus binoculars for last bird flight.

I've seen mine as far as 3000 feet and you probably think I'm lyin' and I wouldn't blame you, but my usual flight path is between two trees so I know exactly where that tiny broken piece-of-a-black-pepper-speck is which gives me that advantage when I'm runnin' straight out...

I've seen mine as far as 3000 feet and you probably think I'm lyin' and I wouldn't blame you, but my usual flight path is between two trees so I know exactly where that tiny broken piece-of-a-black-pepper-speck is which gives me that advantage when I'm runnin' straight out...
Thanks I believe you so is this from telemetry readings or guessing because that's just about what I watching piece of a black pepper at the end

Last time I looked my bird was white , you sure you didn't see a grain of salt.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers