Lost

Thanks for the support
No worries ... that's what we're here for.
If I can put the above analyzed long and lat info my gps I will find it
I haven't used the Oregon but here's the relevant page of the manual.
Turning On The Device; Acquiring Satellites Signals And Recording A Track; Using The Touchscreen; Waypoints, Routes, And Tracks - Garmin Oregon 600 Owner's Manual [Page 6]
It looks like the easiest method to just put in 1 waypoint at home .. go outside, get GPS and make a waypoint where you are and label it something obvious.
Then go into the GPS and Edit the waypoint to change the location data to the point you need to find.

One possible catch is that there are many ways to express a location ... degrees, decimal degrees, Deg, mins,seconds, UTM etc.
If you can work out what your GPS is set to, I can give you the location in the form your GPS will understand.

Good luck hunting out there.
How tall are the trees?

OK I worked on your long and lat and it transplanted into N433744.6/W7148482. I have the way point entered and ready to go. Do those grid numbers sound right?

My gps is set to hddd mm.mm.'. But I have options
Here is the point in three formats.
You say your GPS is set for deg, mins & decimal mins
So the one in the middle is what it should look like on your GPS.

Degrees, minutes, secs, decimal secs N43 27 44.7 W71 48 48.3
Degrees, minutes & decimal minutes N43 27.745 W71 48.805
Degrees, decimal degrees N43.46242 W71.81342

What's the tree height like out there?

You're in Oregon Todd?
Not quite .. he's about 2500 miles east of Oregon, but he's using a Garmin Oregon GPS.

Lost my p3p today because my rth was lower than the ridge I flew over. How do I transfer the flight record to someone can tell exactly what happened

Sorry about that.
This also happened to me. I hit a tree 50 meters above ground. I managed to locate because the camera was turned on and through the remote control could see where he was. He spent the night on the tree. Thankfully it not rained. The next day early I hired a tree pruning team. They went up and 03 hours my drone was with me in perfect condicoes.Apesar all I charged the battery and it flew away as if nothing had happened.

Attachments

• Captura de Tela 2016-02-06 às 12.26.16.png
    Captura de Tela 2016-02-06 às 12.26.16.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 352
If you know where it went down or better yet had video of where it is it would be easy to find some climber to go get it. it's just that it seems so many of them are really close and still have a hard time locating them. But I can't imagine it being hard to find somebody once you know where it is.there are many climbing groups throughout the country.
I think if you have the last known position on your cached map on the Go App, you should be able to transfer it to Google Earth and just go get it. Did you have the map details cached on your FPV?

I can't get up there without mtn climbing gear. I am so pissed at myself I have read so many post about this same issue. I wish the return home would be above CURRENT ground level. I know it my fault. I'm still sad that thing was my best friend lately

Unfortunately, of course, the Phantom doesn't know the 'current' ground level (although perhaps some future version with 'obstacle avoidance' technology might be able to do this).

Unfortunately your mistake (having your RtH height lower than an obstacle that's in the path to home) is very common. FYA, here's a crash of my own that happened (with a P2V+) a couple of years ago. (Fortunately, it crashed into soft 'ice plant', and survived undamaged.)
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

My gps is set to hddd mm.mm.'. But I have options

Hey Todd, when I lost mine, I got another Phantom to locate it... You can fly close to the wreck and hopefully locate it so your search is more specific?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I read in a post that, if you fly the Phantom from a cliff, it will not drop down suddenly because it recognizes its altitude over the take off point, not the ground it's flying over. Why wouldn't the same principle apply to the RTH failsafe altitude setting?

I read in a post that, if you fly the Phantom from a cliff, it will not drop down suddenly because it recognizes its altitude over the take off point, not the ground it's flying over. Why wouldn't the same principle apply to the RTH failsafe altitude setting?
For the Phantom all altitudes (including RTH) are based on home = zero.
Perhaps you were confused in my analysis because I converted the Phantom's RTH height to allow comparison with the terrain it was flying over.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic