Lost Your Drone Maybe this is the Why

No Doubt in the future,government controls will get stricter, has Drones become more popular in all countries Sadly the idiots will cause a major problem and the rest of will have to pay.

Reactions: cfd701
No Doubt in the future,government controls will get stricter, has Drones become more popular in all countries Sadly the idiots will cause a major problem and the rest of will have to pay.

Couldn't agree more, it's just a matter of time for stricter rules all around the globe for usage, and for manufactures to limit the range and possibilities for non commercial devices.

Perhaps in the future it may become mandatory for sellers to have to give safety talks and basic control of movements. Unfortunately anything that slows down the sales will not be treated positively by manufactures ,Amateur none commercial pilots will have to take a test similar to a driving test but not to the high standards of commercial drone pilots. Problem is, this will still not stop the rogue pilots from doing stupid/dangerous things.

Here in Canada we are waiting for the Gov to come out with just that ... some new rules. Because of that and I will probably be going commercial in the new year I've just finished a three day course to learn more of those standards and rules when operating in the "shared airspace" like that of class C and D.

Knowledge is power my friend (as I'm sure u know) but thats where the problem lyes because we will always have those who just don't care or just assume they can apply their "own common sense" rules. Myself, I enjoy the challenge of learning something new both for safe operations and cool ways of getting those shots / video. Retiring from the CF this year so I need to keep busy but mainly keep having fun :)

Reactions: phxbird57
These rogue pilots are spoiling the fun, some people start looking strange when they pass you while you are having fun flying.

We need more stories like the guy who helped searching with his Phantom 4 for a lost climbing kid in the hills and spotted him in a matter of minutes as other search parties couldn't find him. Sad to hear the kid didn't survive but the intention of this helping guy was very positive.

Seems to me that these countermeasure systems would not come without legal peril here in the US. In the first video, someone is hijacking the wifi connection of the drone - which could be considered contrary to FCC regulations as well as Federal Law (unauthorized connection to a computer system). Now, if the FAA is prepared to more conclusively declare that sUAS systems are aircraft for purposes of law, then you can add in violations of FAA regulations regarding takeover of aircraft or interfering with the PIC, etc.. It will be interesting to see how this shakes out. Also, what of the liability of taking over a drone, doing it badly, and crashing into something or someone?

That being said, does anyone know in what manner stick input is communicated to a Phantom? Obviously it's Wifi on 2.4 or 5.8Ghz from the phone/tablet to the controller, but what about controller to drone, and video versus controls?

Best to operate with insurance, here in Canada it's required even when operating outside SOFC exception. We all know how fast things like accidents happen and if your UAV drops and hits someone in the head or that Beamer hood ... well nuf said there.

I checked here and for a P3P with 100K it was only $400 a year and the 500K plus extras was about a grand ... One quote covered both personnel use and commercial but most are one or the other ... I think

I'm an engineering guy but don't have schematics ... most likely stick input goes to the bird via 2.4 GHz and is damped or amplified through software control in the app in a directly proportional manner. Am I talking like a politician ? Sorry ... Best guess ... Why u asking ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues