Lost Videos

Reaction score
Hello. Yesterday I was flying my phantom 3 standard and got a few very cool videos. I then tried to fly it again and ran into some trouble. One thing I read was to delete the DJI Go app and then re download it. I got back on and logged back into my account but my videos are gone. I looked on the SD card and they were not there. Is there any way to get them back?

What was your trouble during flying ? the videos will be on the sd card if you pressed record unless your "trouble " is the problem , if your Phantom didn't finish recording to the card you can put the battery back in and power on and then check to see if the video is now written to the card , sometimes you can get the video this way , deleting the GO APP has no effect on the video on the sd card

What was your trouble during flying ? the videos will be on the sd card if you pressed record unless your "trouble " is the problem , if your Phantom didn't finish recording to the card you can put the battery back in and power on and then check to see if the video is now written to the card , sometimes you can get the video this way , deleting the GO APP has no effect on the video on the sd card
Thank you for your time. The problem occurred the second time I tried to fly yesterday. The first time I was successful and got the videos. I watched them on my phone after so I know that they were properly recorded. The second time I flew yesterday the app would not let me start recording. I would press the red record button and nothing would happen. I then deleted the app and re downloaded it. The recording feature is working now but the videos from yesterday morning are no longer on the app.

Note that recordings seen on the app are highly compressed 720p recordings sent over lightbridge in real time. They are considered cached video and stored on an Android at dji/dji.pilot/dji_record.
If you uninstalled the app, files here were probably also deleted.
I usually have OneDrive upload them to the cloud so I have the low res along with the high res from the SD card since the file sizes are vastly different.
Note too app has a max cache size setting with default at 2GB and option to delete older recordings when limit is reached.
Even when the cache gets full, you get a warning that the recording stopped but I believe that refers to the cache and not the SD.
Make sure you stop recording before powering down/pulling the battery. I often forget myself.
Make sure card isn't full. If near full and recordings seem to stop or aren't on the card and you are sure you stopped recording before removing power, try reformatting the card using the app and/or try another card.

Are you starting recordings using the app or the button on the RC?
I'm curious if the P3 will record without the app running.

Are you starting recordings using the app or the button on the RC?
I'm curious if the P3 will record without the app running.
I always record using the app so that I can see the real time video. Thank you for the helpful information.

Well you're always seeing what's coming off the camera. Even when you use the RC button, the app will still cache the video as I described, assuming nothing is going wrong. IOW RC record button = app record button. Difference is that RC has separate button for video and photo. Note you can't take a photo on a P3 while recording.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers