Lost video connection

Reaction score
So into my fifth or sixth flight last night, I went higher than I have yet to 300 feet. Never lost video connection before but hitting 300 ft my video connection would freeze and cut out intermittently. I'm assuming this isn't normal. Any ideas why? It was cloudy and a little on the windy side, but otherwise conditions were good.

It should handle 300 feet with no issues at all. When I do distant flights in my area, the connection is better up high than at lower altitudes due to less obstruction. Were your antennas parallel and straight up? Connection good to your tablet or monitor? Transmitter charged up? Best thing is to try it a few times and rule out some freak incident. Also, don't worry about RTH reliability. I rely heavily on my RTH because I'm lazy and don't want to fly back after my shots. No issues and have probably executed the RTH command 100-200 times w/o incident. Test it and report back. Even try a different location.

More than likely it was antenae orientation problem.

Remember, the FLAT part of the antenaes should be facing the bird. If you're straight up overhead, the antenae tips should be pointing straight out.

I never even saw my video flicker regardless of where my antennas were placed until the recent firmware update. Now it flickers and fades and whatever else name you want to use for a description.

Same here, started to get some flicker and blinks, although no lost connection on the last update. Flew out to 1800' yesterday and started to get a lot of flickering, looked down and saw I had forgotten to unfold the antennas.... DUH! But for straight up over 100' feet I normally flip out the antennas as the signal pattern is about 45º vertical from the flat side of the antenna, so if you are directly overhead and your antennas are vertical then the bird is not in the pattern.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20