Lost vid

Reaction score
I recently lost vid connection, just had the telemetry and the the little circle icon going round where it was trying to connect to my phone.
After doing loads of research I bought a new "internal wifi module" and yes it solved the problem.
It appears that the module that sits inside the phantom gets hot and overheats damaging its circuit board. The only way to keep it from overheating is by flying where wind will help keep it cooler.

There's been occasions where I have left it switched on in the house either because I'm running the battery down or downloading the pics.
I now know that this causes a potential overheat to the wifi module, so take care folks as these replacement modules are getting like rocking horse ****

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Last edited:
Thanks for that info Anthony. I remember a couple of things I've read lately. For downloading your video's you should use a USB stick that the card fits into the back and then you stick it into a USB port on your computer. As far as a overheating wifi, there is a post on the site of a guy who modified his wifi to cool it down.
HTH
Kevin

Reactions: Anthony Newman

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers