Lost the adapter cable for doing updates. Why cant I find them anywhere?!

Reaction score
That small little female USB to male MICRO. It MAGICALLY fell out of my kit and Ive torn everythign apart looking for it.

One problem, there are NONE that I can find on the website, and I learned that OTG cables do NOT work for the update. My bird is currently bricked because I had a cable that I forgot was OTG only, so the update got to 99% then died out when I think It needed to send a confirmation back to the phone.

Long story short. Bricked bird. Cant find the cables. Any help?!?!?

Attachments

• dji-phantom-4-unboxing-2.jpg
    dji-phantom-4-unboxing-2.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 440
I haven't used that cables since the first day I opened my phantom. I actually forgot what it was for. thought all updates were done through Wi-Fi???

That small little female USB to male MICRO. It MAGICALLY fell out of my kit and Ive torn everythign apart looking for it.
One problem, there are NONE that I can find on the website, Cant find the cables. Any help?!?!?
All you need is any normal USB cable as long as it's a data cable (some are charging only).
They are common and cheap at ebay etc.

I dont have one either but you can plug your controller into a laptop or whatever and then go from the controller to the phantom. When you daisy chain it like that you update everything all with the same configuration.

Reactions: gemini8026

One problem, there are NONE that I can find on the website, and I learned that OTG cables do NOT work for the update. My bird is currently bricked because I had a cable that I forgot was OTG only, so the update got to 99% then died out when I think It needed to send a confirmation back to the phone.

Long story short. Bricked bird. Cant find the cables. Any help?!?!?

That cable is called an 'on the go' adapter yes a funny name. Can find it on ebay its main use is to read a usb drive on an android tablet.

Last edited:
gemini8026

just buy a micro usb cable i got a good one from best buy paid under $20.00 and found the cable better then the adapter. i was having problems with the adapter connecting to assistance 2. with the micro usb cable no issues with assistance 2.

gemini8026

just buy a micro usb cable i got a good one from best buy paid under $20.00 and found the cable better then the adapter. i was having problems with the adapter connecting to assistance 2. with the micro usb cable no issues with assistance 2.

The USB adapter is for when going from DJI Go 4 app via tablet/phone to the drone, and is used on the drone side, not the phone side. From a PC using Assistant and standard USB A to Micro cable is needed.

I had to use it last night, the GO 4 app wanted me to connect the phone to the aircraft, and it updated the NFZ database
Before I did that, I hooked it up to Assistant 2, and that said all was up to date. <Shrug>

Technical name is USB - A female to Micro USB male. Just incase someone wants to do a search.

I have thought about getting a USB - A male to Micro USB male to not need to connect two cables together but have not tried it yet. Seems plausiblee though.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj