Lost signal when im trying to record

Yeah I been using the cable that came with it but I used a different one I used the one came with the note 4 and take more then 5 second to lost signal

Hello all ...replace the cable with a new one and it was different, I could record like one minute but then I run out signal just like before but the gimbal light was flashing red but the screen in the app was frozen .

Hello all ...replace the cable with a new one and it was different, I could record like one minute but then I run out signal just like before but the gimbal light was flashing red but the screen in the app was frozen .
Did you buy it new or used? Check the camera cable connectors that go from down the gimbal and into the side of the gimbal near the camera (flat small fragile wire) . VERY CAREFULLY make sure those tiny little metal prongs are in fully and the cable isn't "crooked" at the connection. If it is.. Gently push them in with the gimbal protected and not being pressured in any direction. Mine came in the box new with one of them a little loose and not all the way seated.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

The look good to me

Attachments

• 1436329175533.jpg
    1436329175533.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 288
It sounds like your phone is overheating, and I say this as you're getting variable success over time. Some have reported screen lags/freezes with overheating phones. I personally experienced it the other day when I was in 102F heat with my iPhone 6. Never experienced it before. Does your phone seem exceptionally hot after the application freeze?

As an aside, in your most recent test was it entering RTH mode automatically still, or just lagging/crashing?

If you are suspecting an overheat issue 1) Turn off wifi on your phone. 2) try changing the settings for Enable Hardware Decode (in pilot app). 3) turn off video cache (in pilot app). 4) Uninstall Google Play Services on your phone (many have had better heat regulation without this service on the phone). 5) remove any cover you may have on your phone that could be holding the heat in. 6) Even try a damp paper towel behind your phone.

If these steps (or flying at a significantly lower outside temperature) extends the time you can record...you are likely running into an overheating issue. Different devices perform differently in higher heat situations. It has been discussed, that an application upgrade "may" address some devices overheating, but we won't know until the upgrade comes.

BTW the Samsung Note 4 is not on the list of compatible devices (3 and 5 are). Hard to say what problems you could get with it. I know some are using it successfully, but they may not testing in high heat environments. Each device dissipates heat differently.

The look good to me
OK that one looks good.. But the most sensitive one might be the smaller "ribbon" cable that's going down to the camera. It's black and has a very small end point that goes in the side. Take a pic of that cable connection as well.

Hellow everyone I used a different phone today I use galaxy's s 5 and I could record some times lost signal and sometimes not when the bird Lost the signal the screen was frozen but still was recording

If you restart the RC controller quickly, does the signal come back? (you'll need to cancel the RTH once the RC connects and gets a green light again).

If it does and you've swapped everything else you might have to wait for the new firmware, or contact DJI for repair.

The problem do i havet too, i got samsung 5 activ after few second my screen freeze and coming back When i restart The app.. and so on. . Changed to Sony everything worked super again
Try another device

Hello all thanks for the help and the advice now I'm flying and filming I just got a ipad air and now work just fine.✌
Everyone, (phantom help?) we need to document this specific issue and the fix (ipad vs his other tablet.) might be helpful if they come up again. Thanks for the update Roberto, so glad you can enjoy your phantom now! Keep it low and slow until you master it.

Everyone, (phantom help?) we need to document this specific issue and the fix (ipad vs his other tablet.) might be helpful if they come up again. Thanks for the update Roberto, so glad you can enjoy your phantom now! Keep it low and slow until you master it.

But again there are people that are using those tablets just fine.

It does pain me to realise that the Apple platform, and namely the Ipad Air 2 seems to be the most stable for the DJI Pilot app/Phantom 3 as they stand.

I do hope they are able to fix all these problems as the thought of forking out big dollars to get an Apple product makes me feel somewhat dirty. And all to run this one app.

I can live with my google play services workaround for now, but the waiting to see if DJI can fix things is frustrating

*sigh*

But again there are people that are using those tablets just fine.

It does pain me to realise that the Apple platform, and namely the Ipad Air 2 seems to be the most stable for the DJI Pilot app/Phantom 3 as they stand.

I do hope they are able to fix all these problems as the thought of forking out big dollars to get an Apple product makes me feel somewhat dirty. And all to run this one app.

I can live with my google play services workaround for now, but the waiting to see if DJI can fix things is frustrating

*sigh*
just have to be patient-- there are 3rd party apps now in alpha testing, that will probably be out in 60 days or less, they probably will out perform the DJI app. That is the way DJI planned it when they released it to SDK development:)

when those hit, it will confirm that everything in in the hardware will work with the app. That puts DJI out of the app development business which is what they prefer. Then their focus will just be on aircraft R&D.

just have to be patient-- there are 3rd party apps now in alpha testing, that will probably be out in 60 days or less, they probably will out perform the DJI app. That is the way DJI planned it when they released it to SDK development:)

when those hit, it will confirm that everything in in the hardware will work with the app. That puts DJI out of the app development business which is what they prefer. Then their focus will just be on aircraft R&D.

Yeah sure, but I tried one of them yesterday and it cooked my tablet worse than the DJI pilot app ever did. It also forced me to upgrade Google Play Services before it would run, which meant I couldn't really toggle easily between it and the.DJI pilot app.

I pointed this out, and the rep said there is obviously a bug in the google play services component and that they didn't have the issue with their two tablets.

So between Google's alleged bugs, and DJI's bugs it's hard to see any quick resolution on the Android side of the fence.

*sigh* :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1