Lost signal, P3 did not RTH: because of battery charge level?

Thanks guys!
I will try tomorrow and let you know. May be a little more complicated because I deleted the FW file from SD card and tried to redo the whole procedure: download FW from DJI site>extract and copy only the .bin to micro SD (root directory)>update phantom (second try and nothing happened, I guess because it was already updated)>update controller (nothing happened).
FW (v1.2.6) came out June 15th and I got my Phantom over a month later...

For me, video signal has ALWAYS dropped before controller signal. As I said above, I've never lost full controller signal, even after flying out 4+ miles.

That's because the data comes all comes through the same connection. As your signal grows too weak to pass the video signal it still has enough to pass control signals to your Phantom 3. Resulted video would always be lost before control signal.

I think you were lucky also if you were in atti mode that it didnt drift of and hit something, must of been no breeze at all.

Yes, video screen was black. I kind of remember (but not 100% sure) that besides the red bar on top the screen ("Lost signal") the other parameter indicators off the app (for battery status, gps, etc) were saying: N/A.
With hindsight, it might have been a result of me inadvertently powering off the remote instead of hitting the RTH button...
You would have had to hit the power button twice to actually power off the controller. When you lost video did you hit the power (by mistake) button then wait for it to come home? With no stick input it would hover and wait. Pressing RTH needs to be held 2-3 seconds until it flashes and the nice lady says RTH engauged. It was not in ATTI mode or it would be drifting with the breeze, if it was just hovering it was simply waiting for stick inputs.

Corto i had the same problem with updating the firmware on the controller.put your sd card back in the gimbal now connect your controller to the connection on the gimbal...power on your remote then the p3 and the p3 will auto update the controller within 60seconds u will here it update
Yah, this works well, did the same thing!!!

Just following this one up, the new FW was released yesterday (1.3.2) and you only do the bird in the usual way, you then use the app to do the RC - and the app has now renamed to DJI Go so if you have your phone/tablet set to auto update, you will find it has changed its name magically! :)

Haven't done the FW upgrade yet, going to this afternoon so wish me luck! :)

I think you were lucky also if you were in atti mode that it didnt drift of and hit something, must of been no breeze at all.

I find it hard to believe that it was truly in atti mode. Air would have to be DEAD calm for LONG period of time. Also, "pressing" the RTH button may not be enough ... I had to hold mine down for a couple of seconds the one time I lost signal.

Reactions: bobmyers
I put my switch on a and my craft behaves the same as In p it doesn't drift at all,is there something else I need to do?

Another way to update the radio controller firmware, with the SD card in the Phantom 3 gimbal, using the supplied cable, connect your controller to the USB of the Phantom 3. Turn on the Phantom, then turn on the radio controller, and the update will begin. You will hear the beeps.
The first LED on the controller will turn blue as the update happens.
It actually updates very quickly, probably in less than 5 minutes.

That's how I did mine. Works very efficiently.

RedHotPoker

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20