Lost signal crash

Reaction score
Flying today and not 50 feet from me a tree caused a lost signal ( There was no signal from the camera to begin with, just a black screen) and P4 dropped like a rock taking a 15 foot drop with it landing upside down.
Was in p mode and all was correct upon boot up (until camera signal was lost).
NOW: no camera signal, firmware abnormal,
IMU not initializing (intense magnetic interference) and says contact customer service.
See damage pictures.

Attachments

• 20170116_174546.jpg
    20170116_174546.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 545
  • 20170116_174533.jpg
    20170116_174533.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 593
  • 20170116_174602.jpg
    20170116_174602.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 557
  • 20170116_174625.jpg
    20170116_174625.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 551
Last edited:
Flying today and not 50 feet from me a tree caused a lost signal and P4 dropped like a rock taking a 15 foot drop with it landing upside down.
Was in p mode and all was correct.
NOW: no camera signal
IMU not initializing and says contact customer service.
See damage pictures.
Losing signal doesn't cause the Phantom to fall but hitting a tree might.

Reactions: MedicFL1
From the pictures it looks like new shell and landing gear. Hard to make a call on the gimble from what can be seen.

The IMU may just need a gentle tap of it could be stuck meaning a new board.

This is unfortunate. Most likely you flew the AC into the tree or you managed to go over or around it and the collision occurred during lost signal RTH (during the ascent if the RTH height was set higher or the return if it wasn't). We can't be sure though.

Perhaps you could upload the log file so we can get a better idea of what actually transpired. Could assist in a warranty coverage discussion with DJI.

Reactions: MedicFL1
The Samsung Tab A screen went dark, so the camera wasn't sending signal, I tried to press to take a picture (Just thinking that night jolt the software) anyway, the bird then "Did its own thing" out kid my control.
So to be clear the bird was 10 feet up in the air, the camera screen went black, then the bird either hit the tree branch our went straight down on its own but there was no controlling maneuvers going on.
Where is the log file, I the bird sd card or I the Tab A?

Thank you for your assistance.

From the pictures it looks like new shell and landing gear. Hard to make a call on the gimble from what can be seen.

The IMU may just need a gentle tap of it could be stuck meaning a new board.

This is unfortunate. Most likely you flew the AC into the tree or you managed to go over or around it and the collision occurred during lost signal RTH (during the ascent if the RTH height was set higher or the return if it wasn't). We can't be sure though.

Perhaps you could upload the log file so we can get a better idea of what actually transpired. Could assist in a warranty coverage discussion with DJI.

Update: Removed and replaced the SD card
Now only the original problem remains, Camera Sensor problem : contact support
The body snapped together, one leg a a little bent but that can be fixed.
Flies and operates normally, except for the No camera signal problem.

Flying today and not 50 feet from me a tree caused a lost signal ( There was no signal from the camera to begin with, just a black screen) and P4 dropped like a rock taking a 15 foot drop with it landing upside down.
Was in p mode and all was correct upon boot up (until camera signal was lost).
NOW: no camera signal, firmware abnormal,
IMU not initializing (intense magnetic interference) and says contact customer service.
See damage pictures.
...Medic, I'd be interested in purchasing your damaged landing skids and/or antenna, TIA
IIIDaemon
www.GasRecovery.net

...Medic, I'd be interested in purchasing your damaged landing skids and/or antenna, TIA
IIIDaemon
www.GasRecovery.net
I replaced A/C. Got a new one

Phantom 4. Range Extenders [passive] Polar Pro Acces. kit and Bower special effects lenses.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik