lost rc contact i think due to weak batts

Reaction score
I have had the PV2 + for about 40 flights and twice I have lost control (ie lost rc contact i think due to weak batts but quickly regained control again) each time i was in course lock mode and the left hand switch was in the middle and both times when i regained control the course lock had changed attitude. Is this normal? thanks.

iorwerth said:
I have had the PV2 + for about 40 flights and twice I have lost control (ie lost rc contact i think due to weak batts but quickly regained control again) each time i was in course lock mode and the left hand switch was in the middle and both times when i regained control the course lock had changed attitude. Is this normal? thanks.

When the batteries become weak, the transmitter light changes from green to red, and it emits a slow, steady, beep. Pop the battery cover off and make sure the batteries are making good contact with the terminals. You may have one that isn't tight and it is making intermittent contact. You can correct this by stretching one of the springs a little.

Sometimes the control link just gets disconnected momentarily and returns on its own, much as you state has happened. That isn't really abnormal so it may be nothing to be concerned about at all.

Dirty Bird said:
iorwerth said:

When the batteries become weak, the transmitter light changes from green to red, and it emits a slow, steady, beep. Pop the battery cover off and make sure the batteries are making good contact with the terminals. You may have one that isn't tight and it is making intermittent contact. You can correct this by stretching one of the springs a little.

Sometimes the control link just gets disconnected momentarily and returns on its own, much as you state has happened. That isn't really abnormal so it may be nothing to be concerned about at all.

I don't think the Tx LED turns green.

The manual I have explains it as this:

Continuous red =Normal, It begins to blink at 4.3v and continues until 4.0v then shuts OFF`

Full disclosure... I have never tested it.

N017RW said:
Dirty Bird said:
iorwerth said:

I don't think the Tx LED turns green.

The manual I have explains it as this:

Continuous red =Normal, It begins to blink at 4.3v and continues until 4.0v then shuts OFF`

Full disclosure... I have never tested it.

That's for the older tx. Dirtybird was spot on.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl