Lost Power to Gimbal-suggestions??

Reaction score
Good afternoon guys, I have had my first crash last week after flying for about 6 months. It took a steep fall in grass, but the only visible damage was to the landing gear (legs bent and cover off compass) and the gimbal arm was bent into the top where it looks like it hit straight down-not at an angle and I have taken apart and bent the arm back straight. My problem now is power. All wires seem to be connected, the ribbon is not severed, no broken parts, but no power to the camera.Any Ideas??

My problem now is power. All wires seem to be connected, the ribbon is not severed, no broken parts, but no power to the camera.Any Ideas??
The usual cause is that one of the three cables coming down to the gimbal is pulled out.
Sometimes they look like they are connected but aren't.
Get a pair of bent tweezers and see if the connectors are properly seated.

Does the gimbal board led light up? Does the gimbal firmware get detected in the phantom assist?
If no, then it could be that the crash has somehow damaged the gimbal board OR the ribbon cable has been damaged but you cant visibly see it. You should also check if the crash has caused the ribbon cable to dislodge from the connectors.

Best to test with another working camera and gimbal.

Does the gimbal board led light up? Does the gimbal firmware get detected in the phantom assist?
If no, then it could be that the crash has somehow damaged the gimbal board OR the ribbon cable has been damaged but you cant visibly see it. You should also check if the crash has caused the ribbon cable to dislodge from the connectors.

Best to test with another working camera and gimbal.

No power to the board and firmware not detected.
That was my next plan, but wanted to get feedback before I start investing money blindly.

No power to the board and firmware not detected.
That was my next plan, but wanted to get feedback before I start investing money blindly.

The next is to look at the wifi module. The wifi module powers up the gimbal. In the three cables that come from the phantom to the gimbal, 2 of the widest ones act as bridge to power up the gimbal. Inspect these cables and make sure its not frayed or damaged. If they are not damaged, the next is to inspect the wifi module and make sure there is power. The wifi module should have an led green/red to show there is power.

image.jpg You may need to lift the shell and check the grey plugin connector to the wifi module. Wiggle it a little and make sure it's seated.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj