Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

lost phantom

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by chrisflyer, Nov 18, 2013.

1. chrisflyer

has anyone had they same problem as me where you had zero responce form your phantom come home did not work and your quad has flown off into the distance so lost sight and can find it know more.tried to shut it down and everything but lost

2. OI Photography

Many people have experienced the runaway Phantom issue....google for "Phantom flyaway."

Some people have reported that DJI replaced their Phantom when that happened, but not everybody has been so lucky...probably worth a try though.

3. miskatonic

There is always the possibilty of a fly away with anything that you put into the air. GPS trackers are your friend.

4. chrisflyer

thanks for the input .its a bit sad with dji i think they know they have some problems but is the same old story they won't admit ..thanks for the reply though

5. Pilot_FML

6. Sidewinder

Phantom Vision has a feature called "find my Phantom" built in. I punch mine and the screen come up and shows the thing in Shenzhen China. Oh well ..........

7. OI Photography

Apparently you have somebody else's Phantom and yours hasn't shipped from the factory yet :lol:

8. PJA

PJA

I have the PocketFinder on my Phantom... Haven't lost mine yet, but at least I have peace of mind knowing I can track my Phantom if it fly's away.

Both the PocketFinder and the Garmin GTU 10 weigh the same, 49gams, sans cases - I have both, so I know...

My Phantom with Gimbal, GoPro, PocketFinder, Battery and Leg Extensions weighs @ 1195grams...

Until something else comes out cheaper and lighter (tags, retriever etc), I'll stick with these...

[​IMG]

9. chrisflyer

has any one had much luck getting dji to replace there lost phantom as a lot of people out there have had loses ??