LOST PHAMTON while Flying 1st. time with fat shark

Gizmo3000 said:
I've now bought a gps tracker from tagg.com in hopes of never losing another quad.
Any updates on how that's working for you? Have you had to use it to track your Phantom?

What've I think people should do is to "reset the home point 1-2 minutes after start-up".

So pretty much before take-off:
- Turn it on (and do your compass dance if you'd like)
- Set Phantom down down.
- Make sure both toggles are all the way up.
- Flip S2 (left toggle) all the way up and down like 5 times or until you see yellow flashing lights, that means new home point has been registered (according to manual).

My theories of flying away is that maybe there wasn't enough satellites when it initially registered the GPS location which means that the location may be wrong, and possibly after like 1-2 minutes after start-up there would be enough satellites for a more accurate location. I'm thinking the GPS unit does not load fast.. so I think that giving it ample time to find the satellites before flying out might be a good thing (rather than just turn on and fly) and resetting home point with more satellites is beneficial.

And another point I've read in another thread is to max out the flight radius (distance), to decrease the chances for it to go automatically into failsafe (because it's "out of range" from wrong location).

That's how I think of it. :lol:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie