Lost P4 Pro

read up on how RTH works

Thanks for advice!
Never out of sight!
Nearly straight up to take quick photo.
Back down.
On to next photo opp.
Does this forum offer tutorials, RTH, etc.?
Thanks.
(apologies for thread tangent if not allowed...)

Thanks for advice!
Never out of sight!
Back down.
On to next photo opp.
Thanks.

Or, for a change of pace, go up, take the photo and just let it sit there for awhile as you take in the local scenery. Rotate it around and get a good feel for it while practicing. Save the landing for the end!

AD

Thanks for advice!
Never out of sight!
Back down.
On to next photo opp.
Thanks.
Probably best if the next photo opp isn't at night and in a built up area. Stay VLOS and give yourself - and everybody else - lots of space.

I keep my RTH height at no less than 100 meters (328 ft), while flying near buildings I add extra 50. I have around 100 hrs of Phantom 2 Vision crashless flights, first thing you need to know about Phantoms - Dont panic. Never. Not sure about p4p, but on p2 video feed fails long before controls, so just pulling control stick back for 3-5 sec may help to regain controls. Also - for the first 5 hours Id recommend to have a drone in sight during whole flight. Before you take off spend couple of minutes learning about area and try to find highest place possible to take off. After you turn phantom on, give it a minute to read satellites (I do not take off until at least 7 of them shows as available).
And again, read as much as possible about bird's capabilities
Phantomes are well engineered, but they wont fly for you.
edited: Did you fly at night? forward obstacle sensing wont work at all if its not bright enough. Did you discover onboard video? I'd like to see it on youtube if possible :>

Thanks for advice!
Never out of sight!
Back down.
On to next photo opp.
Thanks.

ribjib, straight up is the worst angle for your antennas. You could fly the bird a few feet in front of you (the home position) for optimal signal reception.

Got the repair quote from DJI:

Middle Frame 20.00
Pitch-axis Bracket V03 7.00
Roll-axis Motor 1 12.00
Left Landing Gear 10.00
Lens Flexible Flat Cable 1
Pitch-axis Motor 12.00
Upper Cover (Logo) 6.00
Yaw-axis Motor Cover 3.00
Roll-axis Back Cover 3.00
Right Landing Gear 10.00
Roll-axis Bracket 6.00
Yaw-axis Motor 12.00
3-in-1 Board 261.00
Service Charge 2 130.00
Total Amount: 493.00

I suspect I'll pay, but would really like to know their thoughts on the flight data, so may have to contact them. I can't believe they can fix it, although from the breakdown, it looks like they are building a whole new craft o_O

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers