Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Lost P4 Lake Travis, Texas

Discussion in 'Lost and Found' started by h2oslider, Jul 21, 2016.

1. h2oslider

Managed to crash my Phantom 4 into a tree up near some cliffs on the north end of Lake Travis about 2 weeks ago. I'm hoping that it falls out eventually since it's about 60 feet off the ground. Most likely won't survive the fall but would love to have the footage back.

My FAA number is on the inside on the base of the battery bay: KCH are the last three letters.

If anyone happens to recover it and stumbles across this post, would be very grateful to get it back.

Please PM me if you happen to recover it.

Thank you,

Paul

Spooky Maxwell likes this.
  2. royster

Call your local rock climbing business, I;ve found most of these shops have a guy who can/will climb anything.

h2oslider and Tarzan! like this.
  3. h2oslider

That was a good idea! Cause I got it back!! Managed to get in touch with a guy who runs a tree service in DFW and he just happened to be passing through Austin last weekend! He got it back in no time. Still works too after being up in a tree for a month!

4. V tail

any photos pre / during / post recovery?

thanks in advance

5. Spooky Maxwell

I have had my P3P fall out of trees twice. Once very minor srapes and scratche, the other time I damaged the yaw arm on the gimbal. These birds are tougher than you think. Might cost a few dollars to repair but I doubt that a 60 foot fall would destroy it. Worth recovering

h2oslider likes this.
  6. h2oslider

I sure do! Will try to find some time soon to edit it all up and will post it here. Just flew it again the other day and it still flies perfectly!

Spooky Maxwell and GOHF like this.