Lost P3 pro

How far from where you thought it was or the last map coordinate was it from where you actually found it? I ahve one I am still looking for and it nowheres near (that I can tell) where it thought it was.

Doesn't it have somewhere "Find My Phantom" that was in the Phantom 2 Vision Plus App too??? I know when I was in San Juan and I lost mine, waited about 20 min after it was lost and knew it was beyond the 30-35 min flight time and it showed the last known location was about 1500Ft away from me I started to shut everything down, pack remote in case and started towards the beach area where I knew I was last over hoping it made it back from the ocean and landed on the beach when all of a sudden BEHIND me here it came... How it went way behind where I was, I have no idea. I looked at the video replay of the 38 min flight and when it lost connection, it then headed behind me for some reason, don't know if wind carried it or what, but still it returned to home and landed right where I started from.. I was already thinking, what do I tell my wife at all???? Or just buy another and go on.. She wouldn't know if it was in case or not.

A 38 minute flight? Really? :eek:

I got video from mine for about 10 minutes as I frantically looked for it. It wasnt where the last known coordinated was, but I got some really pretty video of leaves some berries, and the pulsing red.I'd say the foilage and berries would be a good clue but unfortunately its a native plant and its everywhere. lol. Signal strength led me around and its somewhere....just too ,uch foilage and yards. I have fliers in everyones mailbox in the area. I am thinking it will be more visble come fall. My other thing is, if it had 10 minutes to sit and send video, then it had time to come home. My miniumum altitude for home was 150 feet.

I got video from mine for about 10 minutes as I frantically looked for it. It wasnt where the last known coordinated was, but I got some really pretty video of leaves some berries, and the pulsing red.I'd say the foilage and berries would be a good clue but unfortunately its a native plant and its everywhere. lol. Signal strength led me around and its somewhere....just too ,uch foilage and yards. I have fliers in everyones mailbox in the area. I am thinking it will be more visble come fall. My other thing is, if it had 10 minutes to sit and send video, then it had time to come home. My miniumum altitude for home was 150 feet.

Oh man ... good luck with the search. I think this is the post that has me cough up another $200 for a marco polo tracker. :-(

yep. 100 feet. It displays its location on your phone and you have the option of activating a little tune from the tile to aid in the search. Its a weak tune but in a pile of leaves it could help. 20 bucks if you buy a pack of 4 for 80 bucks.

Heck, I;d rather have that than nothing at all. It would help me eliminate some yards.

Assuming you could get to within 100ft of it without some other sort of tracker. Entirely possible, of course. Let's hope it never come to the need to find out. Good luck!

Your home point was most likely not set before you took off. I've heard that you need to input some throttle first, then land before its set correctly?

Actually when you do auto takeoff(which I always had) it says something like "home point activated" before if takes off. I haven't heard back from dji via email yet. I'm going to resend the email and if nothing I'll be making phone calls.

Update guys: After not being able to get ahold of dji for repair needs I contacted Amazon and told them the whole story. They are actually sending me a brand new bird. I'm very surprised but in ways not so. Amazon is a fantastic company and they are stepping up here and it's the right thing to do. Hopefully they go after dji and resolve it with them. I'm glad a new bird is headed here and hopefully I'll be back in the air next week.

Reactions: SENC
Your home point was most likely not set before you took off. I've heard that you need to input some throttle first, then land before its set correctly?
Dont think this is needed, atleast no need to land. My P3p always set homepoint automatic. But maybe a good tip to check if homepoint is set, marked with a H on the map, after take off.

This is why before I fly I will be mounting my Gps tracker. A worthy investment. Hope you find your bird

Dont think this is needed, atleast no need to land. My P3p always set homepoint automatic. But maybe a good tip to check if homepoint is set, marked with a H on the map, after take off.

I'd double check this. I've reproduced this on three different Phantoms... I need to start up, make it move up first, then back down... then I set "home". I've always thought it was odd. I can fly straight up 30 feet and set homepoint as well, but then I'm gambling that nothing happens between 0-30 feet. I always fly up 3 feet, then back down. set, then test surfaces and directional inputs... then fly away.

I guess auto takeoff would suppress this need? But then I'm relying on something 'automatic'... not like the whole thing is in anyway automatic with the code though... who am I trying to kid.

RTH will not bring your drone home, even if it tried. DJI says max winds about 23 mph else DJI will drift away. Here is the kicker - The wind can be gusting to 15 mph on the ground and steady 50 mph at higher levels.

Test the winds by flying around up there and if you notice the quad flies fast one way but slowly the other decrease altitude asap to avoid the drift.

Remember batteries die quicker if you fly against the wind.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

A "trick" you might use if caught in strong headwinds winds (you notice very slow forward progress or none when it should be 30+ mph) is to use the wind for lift to gain altitude then rapid diving descents forward, and repeat this. Using the wind across the props for lift costs less energy than rising in calm air.

Once at higher altitude, you can dive for a much better forward rate of speed. Try it sometime under controlled conditions.

I've brought drones and RC helicopters home this way a few times when the winds aloft were unexpectedly high.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj