Lost P3 pro

After only having my p3p for 6 days it is lost. I was flying last evening, still plenty of daylight when I got about 1400 feet away I got a weak transmission warning and the screen fluttered. I quickly aimed it back at my house and then it said signal lost. I had approximately 50% battery life left at that point. The RTH button resulted in nothing and it never came back. I think the RTH altitude was set for 30 feet and that would have likely made it crash into some woods had it been trying to come back. It was 94 feet when I lost signal. I briefly searched the area but it most likely went down in a soybean field or crashed into a tree. Is there anyway to track with lat and longitude? Any help here would be appreciated.
Check your cached map of where it was last located.
If you set it up that way, RTH occurs when connection is lost with your TX, but that depends on whether or not you set that up pre-flight. It does not need connection to TX to RTH properly, and if you let it set its homepoint automatically during pre-flight warm-up, it should have RTH'd. But the 30ft RTH altitude is way too low obviously, I set mine at 400 feet which will clear most buildings if any in the area. The best you can do is what everyone else is saying... go stomping around to find it. I hope you put your name, phone number, and email address on it.

I'd be happy to share the flight data. Not sure how to post the flight recorder video that the app takes. Does anyone actually think dji will fix my bird? I'm getting an ESC error on app. The phantom does connect to the controller though.

Guys. I found the bird. It was missing for 4 days. It's badly damaged. The return to home was factory set at 30 feet but it was at 91.6 when the app showed lost signal. Nothing could bring it back. It basically just dropped out of the sky when the battery died. If it got to 10% battery would it decend to 30 feet then return home? I was told it would return at the altitude it was at unless it was under 30 feet.

Correction. It was set to 30 meters. I was already at 91.6 feet. This is what's makes this cases so strange.

30m is around 98ft, maybe there was a confusion with units (failsafe set at 30ft)? But good to know you have found it. How bad is it?

It's bad. Case is cracked I'm a few places. One motor is bad I'm sure. I think camera is ok. It did separate. The gimble mount is broke. Right now I'm really worried about the esc error I'm getting. How can I post pictures using an iPad. Do I need the phantom pilot app?

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1440289194.874415.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1440289206.854515.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1440289218.205569.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1440289230.306946.jpg

Maybe I think that is the battery error then made it crashed...so sad,I suggested that you need report to Dji in this case in order to deal with them

Thanks for the follow up. Hope the outcome is favorable. Keep us posted. Sorry you will now have to go through the grueling wait.

Trackimo is very simple, easy to set up and easy to use if you decide to go that route.
And if you are operating in a non-cell service area, the Trackimo is no good. Marco Polo is a self contained tracking package.

Reactions: JKDSensei
The RTH button will do nothing once your remote controller is no longer connected to your Phantom.

If the RTH altitude was set to to 30 feet and your Phantom was at 94 feet, it would have returned to home at 94 feet. The RTH altitude is only used if your Phantom is below that altitude.

It would be easy to find if you had a GPS tracker attached. If not, the best you could do it search around the area where the remote controller lost connection. If the home point was marked correctly before take off, then you should also look around any obstacles that were between you and your Phantom and higher than 94 feet. Your Phantom most likely crashed there as it was trying to return home.
As you say mSing is there any techniques for toggling any switches in the general vicinity of the lost Acft at that last seen location? Or are there any for being near home point other than off and back?

Is the Marco Polo the best tracker for P3S dollar for dollar? Why?

The two options I narrowed it down to was the Marco Polo and the Trackimo. Although in most cases I would be flying in a cell coverage area I didn't want to run the risk of taking it on vacation where signal was weak or non existent.

I decided on the Marco Polo for the following reasons. Its tested to not interfere with the p3 performance, light weight, can connect up to three tracking devices, and most importantly the customer service and support is excellent.

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1440384715.911814.jpg

Doesn't it have somewhere "Find My Phantom" that was in the Phantom 2 Vision Plus App too??? I know when I was in San Juan and I lost mine, waited about 20 min after it was lost and knew it was beyond the 30-35 min flight time and it showed the last known location was about 1500Ft away from me I started to shut everything down, pack remote in case and started towards the beach area where I knew I was last over hoping it made it back from the ocean and landed on the beach when all of a sudden BEHIND me here it came... How it went way behind where I was, I have no idea. I looked at the video replay of the 38 min flight and when it lost connection, it then headed behind me for some reason, don't know if wind carried it or what, but still it returned to home and landed right where I started from.. I was already thinking, what do I tell my wife at all???? Or just buy another and go on.. She wouldn't know if it was in case or not.

The RTH button will do nothing once your remote controller is no longer connected to your Phantom.

Wait a minute....I was under the impression that once the home location was set, it set in the aircraft and, in the event it loses contact with the controller, it would automatically return home? Isn't that the failsafe? Wouldn't that be a pretty darn handy feature if it doesn't do that????

Wait a minute....I was under the impression that once the home location was set, it set in the aircraft and, in the event it loses contact with the controller, it would automatically return home? Isn't that the failsafe? Wouldn't that be a pretty darn handy feature if it doesn't do that????

Assuming you have "return home" as the failsafe, then yes. The RTH button will of course do nothing if connection is lost.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj