Lost P3 pro

A critically low battery just triggers an autoland.

Yes, but "low battery" triggers an RTH is no action is performed in 10 seconds, which would likely be the case if the signal between the Tx and Rx was lost, according to the manual (page 13).

I must say I was afraid of what might happen when loosing connection so the first thing I did in DJI App was to set return-to-home altitude to like 75 meters (246ft).

But when Iam shooting in the area where there are some hills and such I would raise it even further. This way I can be sure that when RTH is triggered it wont hit the trees or something...

I'm getting an esc error on the dji app. Controller will connect to bird. I'm fairly certain one motor is bad. Could that cause an esc error? Motors won't start manually. Also, to put on camera filters, do you unscrew the one that comes factory? The clear one. It's pretty scratched from the crash. I'm hoping to get a new one.

Last edited:
The P3 no longer automatically goes home ~30%?

No RTH does not get triggered like that. It just does auto land where it is at 10%.

If you have the DJI app running however it will do an auto return to home when the battery drops below the amount needed to successfully fly back to your home point with a decent amount of power remaining. I don't think it will do that without the DJI app running so instead it will behave as I said above.

First off, sorry about what happened.

Second, do not try to repair it yourself. It sounds like your bird is under warranty. Call DJI and get an RMA number. I had pretty much the same thing happened to my Phantom and it was about a month from purchase. I called DJI, got an RMA number and FedEx it back to them. After about 2 months, I finally got it back, pretty much as good as new.

Yes, 8 weeks is a long time for repairs but I think they're getting better. They were constraint by parts at the release but I think it's improving. Lately you can't get through on the phone but if you email and ask them to initiate the RMA process by email because you can't get through, they'll send you an RMA number by email. If you're lucky, you'll get an escalated RMA which means a free FedEx label saving you around $20.

I know DJI has a bad rep for service and some of that is deserved. It's nigh impossible to get a hold of them on the phone but they're responsive by email. The repair times are long but then again, I'm not sure how long to expect or what is reasonable. In my case they took care of me with pretty much the same damage as you describe without any cost to me.

I have another drone in now for other warranty work but before you attempt this major repair on your own, try DJI. A gimbal, broken ribbon cable, possible camera damage and motor damage as well as a cracked case is no small thing. Good luck!

After only having my p3p for 6 days it is lost. I was flying last evening, still plenty of daylight when I got about 1400 feet away I got a weak transmission warning and the screen fluttered. I quickly aimed it back at my house and then it said signal lost. I had approximately 50% battery life left at that point. The RTH button resulted in nothing and it never came back. I think the RTH altitude was set for 30 feet and that would have likely made it crash into some woods had it been trying to come back. It was 94 feet when I lost signal. I briefly searched the area but it most likely went down in a soybean field or crashed into a tree. Is there anyway to track with lat and longitude? Any help here would be appreciated.
Did you have Trackimo or other device mounted?

After only having my p3p for 6 days it is lost. I was flying last evening, still plenty of daylight when I got about 1400 feet away I got a weak transmission warning and the screen fluttered. I quickly aimed it back at my house and then it said signal lost. I had approximately 50% battery life left at that point. The RTH button resulted in nothing and it never came back. I think the RTH altitude was set for 30 feet and that would have likely made it crash into some woods had it been trying to come back. It was 94 feet when I lost signal. I briefly searched the area but it most likely went down in a soybean field or crashed into a tree. Is there anyway to track with lat and longitude? Any help here would be appreciated.

You might look into the small tracker from UAVfind.com. We keep one on the P3 all the time. It sure makes search and rescue a lot easier.

Trackimo is very simple, easy to set up and easy to use if you decide to go that route.

If you don't want to drop $140 on a tracker. Another that works maybe even better (depends on your preferences) and is only $40 is called a TK109B (on Amazon and ebay). Search this site on TK109B for more info. Good luck.

Also,
Glad you found your Phantom. I'm sure most everyone here would be very interested to learn what happened. Would you mind sharing that info so that we might learn from any mistake made?
Thanks

Last edited:
I thought the flight data was recorded on the DJI GO app on whatever smart device was used at the time. I just found my flight record data in the app. Click on the paper airplane icon top left of main page (Flight Record). Click on your last flight and it will show you a GPS recording of your flight path. Maybe this will help narrow your search area.
Good luck bud!

It is a tracking device that doesn't use cellular service to find your drone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1