Lost my phantom :-(

Reaction score
Just lost my bird today, I'm mighty annoyed now. I lost connection and she went into come home and as soon as I regained control , bang. It was the longest 3 seconds of my life , I could see she was heading for the trees but could do nothing about it . 4 of us where out looking for her, but the ground is covered in snow and theres heavy vegetation about where she came down . Attached is the last screen shot from her . So I know shes 454ft from where I was standing :-(

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-01-14-14-37-40.png
    Screenshot_2015-01-14-14-37-40.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,621
Really?, you have a picture of where it is, you know the tree line it came down in, you even know exactly how far away it is.

If you can't find the wee beasty you leave no real hope for the rest of us, get a pair of snowshoes and take one for the team.

I don't believe you have shown any real dedication to this, there has been no mention of blood or even a small injury so far.

But I don't know if video stopped being transmitted and this is resting in the tree or it fell after this still . The area is very difficult to navigate, I thought I knew where it was resting but couldn't find it then . I'm going to use google maps/earth now and use the measuring tool to draw in 454ft and hopefully get a better idea of its location . Its dense bush and briers .

Where there is blood there is hope, I can tell you many will be interested in the outcome of this, there may even be a few beers involved.
:)

Exactly, I will find it no matter how long it takes . I have acquired 2 syths and a machete to take care of mother nature . It's raining out the heavens now which could help me find it by getting rid of the snow but could also ruin her internally if she isn't already smashed . I'll have a few myself when I get her :)

Good luck and I hope you find your lost bird.

I still can't understand why people won't buy a Flytrex Live 3G. That thing saved my *** numerous times. Worth every penny.

Reactions: toddena
MadMitch88 said:
I still can't understand why people won't buy a Flytrex Live 3G. That thing saved my *** numerous times. Worth every penny.

Question on the Flytrex Live 3G. If I get one, I need an active cellular sim card correct?

He has drawn blood so a bit of credit here.

Ouhh I'm very concerned , there is no point getting too annoyed yet about it though. I'm just finished printing out my map and I have used the distance tool and accordingly marked out 454ft from my location when I lost connection in a 140 degree arc and myself and 4 others will walk this route tomorrow morning , providing the distance is accurate or close enough then we are bound to find it . There's not much more I can do about it until morning.

I didnt even know about the Flytrex Live 3G. when I get my Phantom back this is being included before its next flight and i'll also name her Phoenix .

gingericeman,
Where are you located? Any "bad" weather coming? Example: Are you expecting a foot of snow?
IF you are in an area where they work, after you find it, get a tracker for it.

It may have helped alright but a storm came on really quick too which perhaps didnt help and maybe pushed her towards the trees, also I got control back for a few seconds before she crashed and the drone must have stopped gaining altitude from come home as soon as I took over but carried on forward or carried by the wind . I have it set at 300ft for return mode so I must look into it when I retrieve her . Lessons learned.

Sorry to hear your bad news. Hopefully you find her tomorrow. Keep us posted.

Happyflyer,
Im in Ireland. Its raining now so the snow will melt away I hope . The next snow is forecast for Saturday.

Thanks Larry.

Just a thought, when I find it it's going to be more than likely soaked or water logged, what are my options ? Obviously dont try to turn it on because it would fry all the electronics . Is there a way to dry it off so as to save the bird ?

Mine did the samething yesterday on the first flight after installing an e300 tuned propulsion system in it. I can't find mine either and there is no snow in San Marcos CA.

You'll find it. Gogle earth/maps. Print out a map with coordinates. Then go to those coordinates with a smart phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20