Lost my Phantom Vision Yesterday

Reaction score
I made a catalog of fatal errors yesterday which resulted in my quadcopter flying away.
I spent an hour looking for it yesterday and a couple of hours this morning.

Kicking myself for being so stupid, in hindsight I should have put contact details on the **** thing,

Anyway, it flew away in Leyland about 5pm yesterday if anyone finds it let me know.

kma9000 said:
I made a catalog of fatal errors yesterday which resulted in my quadcopter flying away.
I spent an hour looking for it yesterday and a couple of hours this morning.

Kicking myself for being so stupid, in hindsight I should have put contact details on the **** thing,

Anyway, it flew away in Leyland about 5pm yesterday if anyone finds it let me know.

This is world wide forum - Layland WHERE? #

UK - USA - Aus?

Welcome to the forum and hate to hear ya have it misplaced :(
paulajayne is right and we do need a little more info ;)
Don't give up looking as ya just might find it :)

Thing is, these things are so cool and fun to fly that it's easy to just yank it out of the box and take off! That's for sure a recipe for disaster...

KMA9000 - welcome, sorry, and you've come to the right place to maybe help someone else to not make the same mistakes. I have a Lost Phantom phone number decal, a tracker, and I practice recovery all the time (I'm still a newbie), and still sometimes I panic when I lose control or the Phantom gets too far away.

Good luck finding it - maybe someone will post a 'Found a Drone' notice in your local paper? Just an idea...

It also may be a good idea to put a post on your local Craigslist in the lost and found section. with a picture of one and the genreal area you were at and the last place it was seen heading for before you lost it.

Leyland, it's in the UK, North West.

I know it's a worldwide forum, I thought someone might Google Lost quadcopter leyland and end up on this thread. They could then contact me..

Long shot I know.

I didn't do my checks I normally would and I sent it up with a flat wifi extender.
I was rushing it.

I don't think I will see it again but fingers crossed.

Then again you might not want to be contacted.....it could be the police, telling you it crashed into a vehicle. Sorry for your loss but if you had a GPS on it you would at least know where to start.....just saying

kma9000 said:
I didn't do my checks I normally would and I sent it up with a flat wifi extender.
I was rushing it.
It's always good to share details to help others understand what went wrong and prevent further losses.
A flat wifi extender would only cause a loss of video and Find My Phantom on the app will only show up till wifi was lost.
But you would still have control and RTH.
What else contributed?

Did you ask where it was found ie how far away from your starting point , also was it intact?.
Good news though you got it back .

It landed on a van roof in a ladies driveway. Perfectly intact apart from a broken rotor.

It was less than 300 metres away from where I lost sight of it.

"Then again you might not want to be contacted.....it could be the police, telling you it crashed into a vehicle." Not a problem if you join the British Model Flying Association, for a grand total of £32.00 per annum. This gives you £25,000,000 third-party insurance, which covers you even if you're at fault. Well worth it as 1) you don't want to get hit by a nasty bill that could (potentially) bankrupt you and 2) it tends to shut people up a bit if you can show your membership card and tell them you have proper third-party insurance. Visit http://www.bmfa.org for more details.. (GB only, but no doubt there are alternatives elsewhere round the globe...) :idea:

......and put a tracker and your phone number on it......

Congrats on getting your bird back. :D

I'm curious how long the Police wanted to chat with you.
Was it overnight, for a couple days, or did they just hand it over without making you do time?

Have you ordered a tracker yet?

How did you find out the police had it?

I think we all enjoy a good lost and found story so share some details.

Come on. Dont be shy. More info please.

Did you damage the van. Is there a Phantom jelly mould in the roof now :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan