Lost my Phantom....tought it had crashed

Reaction score
Completly lost the drone today. Was feeling confident enough with previous flights in the morning. Decide to do a circle around the neighborhood. Went full speed and lost sight of it behind some houses. So i tried to make it go up to see it but could find it. So back tracked the copter but no luck didnt came back. After 20-30 sec , i hit the return home switch but didnt came back either.

I started to run like lunatic and jumping fences asking permission to neighbors if i could go in their back yard. Look for an hour for it in the snow over my knees, franticly looking for a crash site. At least if i could recuperate my go pro, all wouldnt not have been lost. After doing all the houses and asking people, wich must have tought that i was crazy looking for a rc copter, i came back home anticipated what my wife would say: I told you so, you and your stupid ideas. Couldn't feel my toes from the frost, and i was soaking wet

Got into the garage and my wife said. Where were you. I was looking for you. Did you loose your drone. I said yea....Well it came back by itself. I have found it sitting on the snow bank in front of the house.....could't believe it !!!

I guess that failsafe feature really saved my *** today.......What a world !!! What a world !!!

http://youtu.be/XgtQZMA6I5k

Haha **** man. You must have had your stomach in your throat the whole time. No don't know what's worse, losing it or the "I told you so." Haha

When it gets far enough away from me that I can't hear it anymore I always freak out!

But if it went behind trees and you lost it I guess you aren't flying fpv?

Glad she came back!

Curious... how far off from your home-point did she land?

Edit: Nevermind...the video told the story...

Man, those power lines make me n n n nervous!!

Love my power lines.....best neigbors a guy can have. I dont intend to fly to much in my backyard. Bought this for the country and vacationss

Came back within a range of 6 feet. Thank god it didnt land in the middle of the street since i was gone for about an hour.

No i dont fly FPV yet, the parts are in the mail. Should be getting the rest of my stuff real soon

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj