Lost my phantom 3

Reaction score
I need some help in locating my Phantom 3 standard. I was flying it in Litchi waypoint mode and I think it came down about a quarter of a mile from where it took off. My guess is I did not compensate for tree altitude. How how do I go about finding it? I lost the signal about 1500 feet out and I did a preliminary search in the wood but I don't think I precisely followed the flight path.

Any suggestion on how to find it?

marko

Please upload your Litchi flight log here and post a link back here. You'll find instructions for locating your Litchi flight log at that link.

What does your waypoint flight route look like? Why do you believe you hit a tree at 300 feet in the air?

The terrain over which it flew is about 150 to 200 feet higher from where I launched. The spot indicated by the litchi app (find my aircraft) seemed to center on a big pine tree about 1500 feet from where I launched it. It is a big tree perhaps 80 feet high. I went out there and was standing right on the find my aircraft marker, but could not find it. I don't think I can climb the tree, but I viewed it from several different angles and did not see it.

The spot indicated by the litchi app (find my aircraft) seemed to center on a big pine tree about 1500 feet from where I launched it.
The spot indicated by Litchi is most likely the last coordinates recorded in your flight log. That's most likely not where your Phantom is located though since the flight log shows no indication that it crashed/landed there.

According to Google Earth, the elevation change between the takeoff point and last logged point is about 168 feet. That means your Phantom was about 131 feet above the ground at that point. It should have easily cleared any 80 foot trees.

You should review your waypoints mission and figure out where your Phantom was headed. Look for any potential obstacles on that path.

This is why I don't trust the litchi app... Not matter how good people claims it's over the go app.
Litchi and autopilot are only as good as our flight planning. Take your time to understand the features and plan your missions and you will have no problems.

Reactions: Pharm
I have run about 50 waypoint flights with Litchi with no problem. In comparison to most of my runs,, this was a pretty conservative run. Just earlier on the same day I had the craft about a mile out over the southern end of a lake and watershed and got some great footage. In this case I think I may have not compensated for the height of some trees that are about a mile away. I checked for height on Google Earth and the highest section of the land that I flew over is 200 feet above my launch spot. The flight altitude was 300 feet. So if the trees there are a hundred feet tall then it may have clipped those trees. Eventually I'll see if I can access the woods.

By the way, how would I know from the flight log that it crashed or not? If it lost signal and crashed beyond the point at which the signal was lost, would that be indicated in the log?

Hey! I found it. I followed your suggestion and followed the waypoint route (backwards) up to the highest point. It was about 30 feet off the road at the base of a cluster of tall pines. The area itself is the highest on the waypoint run and the pine trees seem to be about 100 feet tall. So I probably miscalculated.

I will add some photos.

How might I recover the video? There's a 300 megabyte file but it won't open. Any ideas? It would be great to view the crash

The camera broke off as did a propellor and the battery popped out, but the battery seems functional. I am letting everything dry out

Glad you found it!

Lucky guy, I think there is a chance that the drone can fly again... You just have to clean it out and repairs what is broken.

Here it is
Crash.JPG

Hey! I found it. I followed your suggestion and followed the waypoint route (backwards) up to the highest point. It was about 30 feet off the road at the base of a cluster of tall pines. The area itself is the highest on the waypoint run and the pine trees seem to be about 100 feet tall. So I probably miscalculated.

I will add some photos.

How might I recover the video? There's a 300 megabyte file but it won't open. Any ideas? It would be great to view the crash

The camera broke off as did a propellor and the battery popped out, but the battery seems functional. I am letting everything dry out

thumb-up-terminator pablo M R.jpg

Try @Luis J, program, its on his post below.
App to fix corrupted Video Files (new one)

Rod

Thanks.

I tried the djifix on several different computers and I could not get it to work. I cannot get it to work on W7 64 bit platform. Is there a more current version?

Any other ideas?

@Marko5584

Post your questions on his thread, also post where it is failing. His program makes a log file if you upload it that would help also.

Rod

Typically the solution to broken video when one cuts power before stopping video is to turn on power so the file can be 'closed'. If battery popped out, then power was lost during recording. Problem is that your gimbal is broken so you can't just power up with the card in so it can complete the file.
Running chkdsk might recover orphaned cluster chains but I suspect that might create a split file.

I need some help in locating my Phantom 3 standard. I was flying it in Litchi waypoint mode and I think it came down about a quarter of a mile from where it took off. My guess is I did not compensate for tree altitude. How how do I go about finding it? I lost the signal about 1500 feet out and I did a preliminary search in the wood but I don't think I precisely followed the flight path.

Any suggestion on how to find it?

marko
...hi...dont have any data on map trip when your signal is lost ?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl