Lost my P3P - only 3 weeks old. WTF?!?

Reaction score
I have NOOO idea what happened. In Chicago. Taking some great video all morning. Went to the the Navy Pier - fly up about 100 feet - and the drone just took off on me. I looked at my controller and it was in PATTI mode - I realized I forgot to set the switch to GPS - so I did that quickly. Established connection with about 19 satellites. It stabilized for a brief minute - then took off. After about 1400 feet - it got disconnected and started to return to home. I patiently waited - nothing. Never came back. Anyone know how to get your flight data from Litchi? I was flying in manual FPV mode. I am sooo pissed. I have been flying for a few months now - have gotten pretty good at controlling the drone - so really not sure what happened! Darn!

I have NOOO idea what happened. In Chicago. Taking some great video all morning. Went to the the Navy Pier - fly up about 100 feet - and the drone just took off on me. I looked at my controller and it was in PATTI mode - I realized I forgot to set the switch to GPS - so I did that quickly. Established connection with about 19 satellites. It stabilized for a brief minute - then took off. After about 1400 feet - it got disconnected and started to return to home. I patiently waited - nothing. Never came back. Anyone know how to get your flight data from Litchi? I was flying in manual FPV mode. I am sooo pissed. I have been flying for a few months now - have gotten pretty good at controlling the drone - so really not sure what happened! Darn!

Lots of steel in that pier? How was the "breeze"?

SB

Guessing it probably set the home point when you connected to P mode and returned to that point.

Reactions: kirk2579
Lots of steel in that pier? How was the "breeze"?

SB
Breeze was ok - a little strong but not crazy or anything (maybe around 10 mph). After I lost it, I did notice that there was an antenna (like the kind that radio stations use) about 200 feet away. I lifted off from the top of a garage and the antena was on top. How much would that effect the drone?

Guessing it probably set the home point when you connected to P mode and returned to that point.
I don't think so - the home point was exactly where I was standing - so I don't think that was it :-(

Breeze was ok - a little strong but not crazy or anything (maybe around 10 mph). After I lost it, I did notice that there was an antenna (like the kind that radio stations use) about 200 feet away. I lifted off from the top of a garage and the antena was on top. How much would that effect the drone?
Thought you say it was 200 feet away, but it was on top of a garage on which you were standing? I'm a little confused...

Any idea how to look at the flight record on Litchi? I can't figure it out
Ahhh, right... I missed you were using that. No, no idea, but someone will be along soon who will I'm sure...

PS... How long have you been flying - three weeks or a few months?

Thought you say it was 200 feet away, but it was on top of a garage on which you were standing? I'm a little confused...
Sorry - should have been clearer. My mind is a little freaked out now. I was on top of the garage. I had just lifted off. Went about 50-70 feet up and about 100 feet away from me when it took off.

Reactions: Patoomey

That could have been part of the problem. A 10 MPH surface wind can frequently double at 100 feet. 20 MPH and your battery may have been fighting something it couldn't resolve in an RTH.

But somebody is arguing your switch change reset your RTH point. I'll be curious to see where that debate heads.

I doubt the antenna had anything to do with it unless it was a focused microwave throwing some higher wattage out.

SB

Just out of curiousity - has anyone heard of a phantom being hacked and hijacked mid flight? I saw a google video about a system called Icarus that supposedly allows you to do this and have complete control over the drone. I think the chances are slim that this would be the cause but interesting anyway.

has anyone heard of a phantom being hacked and hijacked mid flight?
I've never heard of such a thing. If you're referring to a parking garage, the magnetic metal in the structure most likely caused that erratic flight behavior. The Litchi log might contain information to confirm/deny that.

Anyone know how to get your flight data from Litchi?
If using an Android device, you can plug it into your computer via a USB cable and retrieve the CSV flight log from the "LitchiApp/flightlogs" folder.

If using an Apple device, you can retrieve the logs using iTunes. This video explains how to retrieve DJI GO logs from iTunes. Follow the same steps, but choose "Litchi" in the application list and the "flightlogs" folder.

You can upload and view your Litchi flight log online here. If you'd like others to comment on your flight log, then please post a link back here.

Last edited:
Ah man sorry about your loss. You say your using FPV mode? You mean goggles? As far as I'm aware and quote me if I'm wrong but I think some functions such as RTH dont work in litchi if your using goggles. Really really hope I'm wrong on this

Neon Euc

Ah man sorry about your loss. You say your using FPV mode? You mean goggles? As far as I'm aware and quote me if I'm wrong but I think some functions such as RTH dont work in litchi if your using goggles. Really really hope I'm wrong on this

Neon Euc
No. Not goggles. I was in for mode - but that just means that I was manually flying similar to DJI go app.

Reactions: Neon Euc

Neon Euc
Those issues relate to the P3S and 4K.

Reactions: Neon Euc
so I was able toy download the flight data to healthy drones. PLEASE take a look. Really not sure what happened. It says that flight time was only 55 seconds. The last known location is only 234 feet away. I would say as soon as it started to move away from me (maybe about 20 seconds into flights) I was disconnected and could not regain control!

HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

Please upload your Litchi log here and post a link back here.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers