Lost my P3A today in follow me mode

Reaction score
Made a video a while back of my P3A following me on the beach in my 1 seater dune buggy{1990 Honda Pilot}
Well it didnt go so well because trying to drive and hold the RC didnt work so well.I knew I was going riding today so I built this holder this week to hold my RC.It worked well but the sun was so fricking bright I couldnt see anything on the screen of course and I would keep stopping to look up and see if Phantom was still following.
Well must not have had it up high because I stopped and it had disappeared with GPS signal loss.
Video is coming
IMG_8882.JPG
IMG_8883.JPG
IMG_8883.JPG

Reactions: nash
That sucks!!
Seems like you had a good setup, but I guess the antennas might not be turned in the right direction unless A/C was right above you.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Oh did I forget to mention I found it? lol
Thank goodness for the mapping feature on the DJI app.Went back to camp and watched it over and over a few times and saw where the path stopped and drove back to where I thought the location was.It was tall trees about 20' off the road with thick underbrush,I thought to myself I'm never going to find it in here,heck it could still be in a tree.So I walked from the road to the trees,took left and started walking and holy crap batman I found it within walking 20 yards upside down at the base of a tree with the battery lying beside it,hallelujah!
Tracking feature worked better then I thought it would,I'll get video up as soon as I can

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike Mauk
That sucks!!
Seems like you had a good setup, but I guess the antennas might not be turned in the right direction unless A/C was right above you.
Actually the antennas look like they would be oriented well for just about anywhere except straight up above the buggy.

Hey, is that Jimmy Hoffa's wallet there in the tree? You might be on to a big scoop that will knock Hillary and Donald right off of most on my cable channels.

Wouldn't the compass in the tablet/phone be adversely affected with the tablet/phone mounted vertically?

It's been my nickname since school, I was always mucking about or playing tricks and telling jokes so doink it became as in doink the clown the WWF wrestler type bloke

Wouldn't the compass in the tablet/phone be adversely affected with the tablet/phone mounted vertically?

I never thought of that and I have no ideal if it would or not but the Phantom actually did a lot better job then I thought it would keeping up with me.I stopped a few times to make sure I could still see it and make sure it was following me.It would always be on the side where the blazing sun was for me to look into to try and locate it.If it wouldnt have been for the trees it would have been cool.Heres the full video.For some reason the crash is not on the sd card,I lifted the crash off the video on my phone.

Yeah I didn't mean to say Follow Me wouldn't work. I had a tablet last year without any kind of compass in it, just GPS, and Follow Me worked perfectly. I just meant in general, I suspect your compass won't work perfectly standing straight up, but maybe you don't care...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1