Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Lost my P2V+ Today

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pittsy, Nov 1, 2015.

1. pittsy

I was going to fly my P2V+ at the boat show today, it was at the edge of the dock and I was waiting for satellites to confirm. After home point was locked, I initiated CSC, everything looked to be fine. As soon as I pushed the sticks up to take off, one prop wasn't spinning properly, it tipped over and fell right into the Intercostal waterway in Florida. I am going to take my scuba gear and see if I can find it tomorrow, after a good rinse in freshwater, and then some time in rice do you think it will be salvageable?

2. RoyVa

Flush really good and even soap and fresh after to clean off the salt residue. Electronics get salt water all the time on naval ships and get flushed dried and test and put back into service. Salvageable yes but the battery is definately going to need to be replaced.

3. QuadcopterFL

spray all electronics with Corrosion X after rinsing...it dispels water from electronics very well.

4. go fast

Did you ever find it , even just a day under saltwater is enough to start some corrosion and damage.