Lost my girl today

Really sorry for you. It's when a video is posted that clearly shows the AC just dropped out the sky that starts me worrying all over again .... just a matter of time for us all I suppose.

Im 99% sure you lost a prop. Few other things would make it spin like that, its not just free falling. As someone else mentioned, I would also urge you to never use carbon blades again. Yes they are 'tough', which is exactly what you dont want for aerial photography. You want them to have some flex. And you dont want them to come lose in flight, which appears to have happened here. Sorry for your loss.

Buy a whole new setup. Because buying just the bird for 699 is pointless because you loose out on a 130$ battery and a 400$ remote. Do the math. I let my dad fly my pro and he wrecked into a tree. Broke the gimbal all to hell. So i bought the whole set up again from amazon for 820$ sold my remote for 380 on ebay brand new so thats 560 plus i have another battery so 130dollars i woulf have spent on another so that brings the total down to 430 out of pocket which i was going to pay 450 for the whole gimble but now i have an extra charger and phantom for free basicly. Do you see my point?

$699 WAS for the whole setup. Do you see MY point?

They might be sold out. Probably why they were selling them so cheaply.
Yea best I can find is brookestone for 899 I also have a 100$ certificate from best buy so 799 looks like the best I will do. Ill just sell the remote hopefully for 300$ and that will help the loss.

True. I think that the low price at microcenter was just because they were trying to sell it out. A few weeks ago the still had some Phantom 3 Advanced which is basically the pro without the 4k camera and with a slower charger but you still have that. I think that they were selling them for $599. You might want to check on that. You could swap the camera from your current bird and put it on the advanced if you were that worried about the little bit of difference in the image quality.

True. I think that the low price at microcenter was just because they were trying to sell it out. A few weeks ago the still had some Phantom 3 Advanced which is basically the pro without the 4k camera and with a slower charger but you still have that. I think that they were selling them for $599. You might want to check on that. You could swap the camera from your current bird and put it on the advanced if you were that worried about the little bit of difference in the image quality.
If I can't find it lol I bought a new one today so ill be doing search and rescue tomorrow.

If I can't find it lol I bought a new one today so ill be doing search and rescue tomorrow.
Don't look online, call them. It said there weren't any p3ps in Houston. I called to see if they could get one from another store and they said that they had 15 in stock so don't trust the web sight now that I think about it.

Don't look online, call them. It said there weren't any p3ps in Houston. I called to see if they could get one from another store and they said that they had 15 in stock so don't trust the web sight now that I think about it.
On their website they are 999$ now

Place the .txt file in a folder and zip the folder. Then upload the zipped folder in this thread. This is the better starting point, and may lead to being asked to later upload the .dat file.

Who was the poor bloke on the railway bridge?
Either he was acting or mentally ill.
What happened to him?
Drone crash looks like a birdstrike maybe.
Haha he was filming a music video and he is fine and I am thinking the same now to

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Wibble
First there are a few small things that might not be related.
The first thing I notice is a starting battery of 92% which is concerning.
Had the battery been sitting for days after charging?
Nine seconds into the flight, the homepoint is reset - Did you do that yourself?
It was only moved 175 ft to the SE. This would not contribute to what happened later.

Terrain where the Phantom was lost is only about 40 feet higher than home point and no obstacles in between to block signal.
The Phantom seems to be flying normally until 6:32 when it is at a height of 340 feet.
The Phantom descends and at 6:36 there are Speed Error warnings all over the flight record.

Looking back a few seconds before the warnings, I note that the Phantom has been descending very fast.
It fell 75 feet between 6:33.2 and 6:35.7.
This equates to a descent rate of 9 metres/sec which is considerably in excess of the rated descent speed of 3 m/s
This tells me that the Phantom suddenly fell from the sky and the warnings are probably due to the fall.
The one GPS position off warning may also be related and could indicate the Phantom is upside down ? (I'm guessing there)
Whatever caused the fall, the damage was done before the warnings show.
The battery data only shows minor cell deviations <0.05V here so it doesn't look like a loss of battery power.

The flight record ends 2 seconds later with the Phantom having fallen to 141ft and losing signal beyond that .. probably lost in tree cover.
It is in Grace Lord Park close to the edge of a creek in thick tree cover.
The crash site is 270 feet from the corner of the large car park off Main Street.
The Phantom may be caught inn a tree or could have smashed to the ground, close to or in the creek bed.
If you have a handheld GPS, look for 40.90655 N 74.41594 W

If I were you, I'd upload this flight record to DJI and then contact their online chat DJI Support - Phantom 3 Advanced
... to see what they make of it.
i-L9zGfRN-XL.jpg
I have been back in the area with another Drone but really can't search too much in fear of a bird taking it out. A hawk pretty much went after me the other day I have sort of narrowed down where it could be but I'm your picture you have the Drone getting it and then going off to the left but in the video it gets hit from the left so I was thinking it would go to the right. I will be back tomorrow morning. Let me know what your thoughts are. I'm not giving up. I will be in that creek first thing in the morning if I have too

. Don't know what happened. Still have to check the logs I'm betting it lost a prop or it was a bird strike I will be uploading the loss shortly. What do you guys think it's my best option for a replacement? I only need a drone

Next time have a Marco Polo tracker on your bird.

Just curious how to get the video footage without the card thats in the quad?

First there are a few small things that might not be related.
The first thing I notice is a starting battery of 92% which is concerning.
Had the battery been sitting for days after charging?
Nine seconds into the flight, the homepoint is reset - Did you do that yourself?
It was only moved 175 ft to the SE. This would not contribute to what happened later.

Terrain where the Phantom was lost is only about 40 feet higher than home point and no obstacles in between to block signal.
The Phantom seems to be flying normally until 6:32 when it is at a height of 340 feet.
The Phantom descends and at 6:36 there are Speed Error warnings all over the flight record.

Looking back a few seconds before the warnings, I note that the Phantom has been descending very fast.
It fell 75 feet between 6:33.2 and 6:35.7.
This equates to a descent rate of 9 metres/sec which is considerably in excess of the rated descent speed of 3 m/s
This tells me that the Phantom suddenly fell from the sky and the warnings are probably due to the fall.
The one GPS position off warning may also be related and could indicate the Phantom is upside down ? (I'm guessing there)
Whatever caused the fall, the damage was done before the warnings show.
The battery data only shows minor cell deviations <0.05V here so it doesn't look like a loss of battery power.

The flight record ends 2 seconds later with the Phantom having fallen to 141ft and losing signal beyond that .. probably lost in tree cover.
It is in Grace Lord Park close to the edge of a creek in thick tree cover.
The crash site is 270 feet from the corner of the large car park off Main Street.
The Phantom may be caught inn a tree or could have smashed to the ground, close to or in the creek bed.
If you have a handheld GPS, look for 40.90655 N 74.41594 W

If I were you, I'd upload this flight record to DJI and then contact their online chat DJI Support - Phantom 3 Advanced
... to see what they make of it.
i-L9zGfRN-XL.jpg

Great work. You should be able to find it with this info.

I had a set of carbon fiber props I never used. They had metal threaded hubs which you can't tighten enough for them not to come loose when the phantom air brakes. I was wondering if you remember if yours were this type.

have video cache enabled on your device and you will have the videos available in the dji go app
thanks for the post... I have seen where the DJI editor shows the footage but still don't know how to get the footage off of there ?? Does it only goto youtube or can you put it elsewhere...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj