Lost my girl today

Reaction score
. Don't know what happened. Still have to check the logs I'm betting it lost a prop or it was a bird strike I will be uploading the loss shortly. What do you guys think it's my best option for a replacement? I only need a drone

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I bought my phantom 3 pro for $699 last month. Price match with Best Buy to match Micro Center's price.

Does micro still have any cause online it says they don't sell them anymore

Buy a whole new setup. Because buying just the bird for 699 is pointless because you loose out on a 130$ battery and a 400$ remote. Do the math. I let my dad fly my pro and he wrecked into a tree. Broke the gimbal all to hell. So i bought the whole set up again from amazon for 820$ sold my remote for 380 on ebay brand new so thats 560 plus i have another battery so 130dollars i woulf have spent on another so that brings the total down to 430 out of pocket which i was going to pay 450 for the whole gimble but now i have an extra charger and phantom for free basicly. Do you see my point?

Buy a whole new setup. Because buying just the bird for 699 is pointless because you loose out on a 130$ battery and a 400$ remote. Do the math. I let my dad fly my pro and he wrecked into a tree. Broke the gimbal all to hell. So i bought the whole set up again from amazon for 820$ sold my remote for 380 on ebay brand new so thats 560 plus i have another battery so 130dollars i woulf have spent on another so that brings the total down to 430 out of pocket which i was going to pay 450 for the whole gimble but now i have an extra charger and phantom for free basicly. Do you see my point?

Very true thanks for the advice, **** really sucks I literally shot a whole days worth of stuff and just bought carbon fiber blade and its all gone I wasnt even able to find it. Wish I would have put another gps tracker on it and insurance.

I cant wait for them to come out with a drone with cell service so you dont have to buy a gps and you will have signal despite remote

It would be worth going to look for it with another drone

Yea I was thinking the same I have went through the data through and through and have an idea of where it is but its a 50/50 chance its in the trees. I debating on just going and getting another drone from best buy tomorrow. I just wish they would price match to online retailers but pretty much all the prices are the same only price I found that was good is here DJI Phantom 3 Professional but I know they wont match it.

Just looking at the map, from the 2:30 to 4:30 mark, you appear to descend really low to about 32 feet. Almost certainly below treetop level at that point. Then you climb and move northwest. I can't say for sure just looking at the HD map but it's possible you clipped a tree branch on your ascent and that damaged a prop?

Mike

Just looking at the map, from the 2:30 to 4:30 mark, you appear to descend really low to about 32 feet. Almost certainly below treetop level at that point. Then you climb and move northwest. I can't say for sure just looking at the HD map but it's possible you clipped a tree branch on your ascent and that damaged a prop?

Mike
I will upload the video but all was good at that point and someone was watching the bird, not ruling it out but I dont think that was it. I had just started using the carbon fiber blades which I have been told are pretty tough. Something tells me those may have failed I always ensure I tighten my blades cause I have heard horror stories but again not ruling anything out. just very annoyed cause I start using these blades and then of course this happens like literally got them two days ago.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This is the video. Like I said all is well until the end

Maybe that guy having the panic attack ripped off your bird. Sure was acting weird....sorry about your bird.

Sent from my iPad using Phabulous PhantomPilots mobile app

HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters
if anyone can give me some insight and closure that would be great
Unfortunately HD only gives a very basic summary and not enough to make much of.
Go to https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Follow the instructions to upload your flight record.

Come back and post a link to the report it provides and maybe someone here will be able to analyse it and give you an understanding of the cause of the incidentand possibly point to a likely search area.

Carbon fiber blades are crap
I had a massive crash just after take off due to the "better drone world props " $50.00 shearing of blades from hub after only a few flights
All 3 props were there and one hub with nubs. I was pissed and all they said is send them in and they would replace props, truthfully I get better flight times and better video with the stock props, I've noticed many people having good luck with the reinforced props but I'm gun shy now.
Hopefully you can find the bird

Carbon fiber blades are crap
I had a massive crash just after take off due to the "better drone world props " $50.00 shearing of blades from hub after only a few flights
All 3 props were there and one hub with nubs. I was pissed and all they said is send them in and they would replace props, truthfully I get better flight times and better video with the stock props, I've noticed many people having good luck with the reinforced props but I'm gun shy now.
Hopefully you can find the bird

If I do find it I wouldn't be surprised if this was the case just sucks that something like this would happen and there is no way I can get them to replace it.

First there are a few small things that might not be related.
The first thing I notice is a starting battery of 92% which is concerning.
Had the battery been sitting for days after charging?
Nine seconds into the flight, the homepoint is reset - Did you do that yourself?
It was only moved 175 ft to the SE. This would not contribute to what happened later.

Terrain where the Phantom was lost is only about 40 feet higher than home point and no obstacles in between to block signal.
The Phantom seems to be flying normally until 6:32 when it is at a height of 340 feet.
The Phantom descends and at 6:36 there are Speed Error warnings all over the flight record.

Looking back a few seconds before the warnings, I note that the Phantom has been descending very fast.
It fell 75 feet between 6:33.2 and 6:35.7.
This equates to a descent rate of 9 metres/sec which is considerably in excess of the rated descent speed of 3 m/s
This tells me that the Phantom suddenly fell from the sky and the warnings are probably due to the fall.
The one GPS position off warning may also be related and could indicate the Phantom is upside down ? (I'm guessing there)
Whatever caused the fall, the damage was done before the warnings show.
The battery data only shows minor cell deviations <0.05V here so it doesn't look like a loss of battery power.

The flight record ends 2 seconds later with the Phantom having fallen to 141ft and losing signal beyond that .. probably lost in tree cover.
It is in Grace Lord Park close to the edge of a creek in thick tree cover.
The crash site is 270 feet from the corner of the large car park off Main Street.
The Phantom may be caught inn a tree or could have smashed to the ground, close to or in the creek bed.
If you have a handheld GPS, look for 40.90655 N 74.41594 W

If I were you, I'd upload this flight record to DJI and then contact their online chat DJI Support - Phantom 3 Advanced
... to see what they make of it.
i-L9zGfRN-XL.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic